Business & Technology Commercialization / Graduate Level / Computer Degree, Bilingual a PlusBookmark This
LRT Media Group
DescriptionLRT develops proprietary technologies web & mobile apps to serve the sports & lifestyle market.
We require (2) top of class interns to manage the assessment, marketing and protection of
intellectual property created at LRT and assist in the Technology and Venture Commercialization
operations for the specific areas of eLearning and related IP.
** MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE ** 2 yrs minimum...
If you're highly motivated, enthusiastic self starter w/ a great attitude, who's willing
to EARN your way into a very DESIRABLE position, and lucrative career, this may be for you.
** This is an UNPAID internship whereby a generous stipend will be paid at project completion...
** Must be willing to start immediately at least part time until school ends.
** Students with F-1 VISA's can start now on research so you land a position when you become eligible.
First, I'll tell you who we AREN'T looking for....
- The typical intern who applies for many intern jobs with a hope of landing anything, just to get a job.
- If you are undecided about your career direction and just need money to pay bills, plz don't apply.
- If you are not willing to partake in an UNPAID internship for a period of time until you are
proficient, and can add value, while we spend our valuable time teaching you...
- If you're not a leader who's willing work unsupervised, and take control of your destiny.
- If you're not a self starter who's organized, delivers results, does more than is expected every day,
and who's willing to go the extra mile, Plz do not apply.
IF YOU ARE
- Understanding of the fact it costs us about $50K to TRAIN YOU to our minimum level of efficiency...
- Willing to learn, and dedicate yourself 100% so that we can teach you how to earn BIG $$ fast.
- Passionate about technology / Intel Property who's Willing To Really Learn your craft, as your life's work.
- Ready to work TODAY, burn some midnite oil now, for a job you'll own as soon as you're ready.
- Very resourceful, great at eliminating obstacles, have a CAN DO attitude at all times, & get it done.
You'll have a unique opportunity manage your own project, yet have add'l resources as required.
You'll be involved directly with the CEO evaluating intellectual property for IT solutions, how to
protect and best monetize them.
You'll work "virtually", using online collaboration, communication, project mgmnt tools.
Work anytime, as long as you get the job done, - We evaluate based on results...
If you are top of your class, have a burning desire and some knowledge of IT development and intel
operations, and are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding internship where you'll have executive
responsibilities, This is it... ** Will Convert to full time employment quickly if you're good.
Please only apply if you are willing to dig in & never quit. This is a fast paced environment,
with no room for those who can't
Responsibilities• The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience, strong knowledge of USPTO, AIA rules and
requirements, some experience w/ patent applications.
• The ideal candidate will also have a desire to work closely with attorneys, patent agents and paralegals
in a cohesive, high functioning team.
• 1. Manages a portfolio of inventions, ideas, and helps develop licenses to generate significant royalties and
fees and monitors for compliance. Negotiates, drafts, and executes amendments as needed.
2. Evaluates the commercial potential, viability and patentability of new inventions, identifying new uses,
potential markets and market sizes, competing technologies through the use of personal knowledge of
emerging technologies, information gleaned from experts, on-line databases, internal tools and programs.
3. Evaluates the patentability of new inventions and is responsible for selecting the most commercially viable for
patenting. Works with inventors and uses on-line databases to identify prior art and competing patents to develop
patenting strategies. Selects and works with outside patent counsel to prepare patent applications.
4. Manages the on-going patent prosecution by outside patent counsel (usually in consultation w/ the licensee)
to assure that the patent strategy is followed, expenses are controlled, and patent, copyright, trademark and other
intellectual property rights are properly protected. Manages the interaction between the patent attorneys and
inventors to ensure that high quality patents are obtained.
5. Independently develops and implements commercialization strategies for a portfolio of technologies, identifies
and cultivates qualified companies as potential licensees and evaluates business and marketing plans. Proposes
financial terms such as up-front licensing fees, running royalty rates, and due diligent milestones to ensure that
the licensee is required to make an effort sufficient to commercialize the technology. Negotiates, drafts, and
executes options, licenses, and monitors same for compliance.
6. Develops and facilitates deep partnerships with multiple stakeholders including universities and researchers,
individual and institutional partners, investors and entrepreneurs to drive the vision and realize maximum value
from current and future technologies.
7. Develops and implements customer service objectives for obtaining University researchers consistent with
intellectual property development goals. Ensures satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and
suggestions and provides appropriate follow through to ensure quality customer service.
8. Participates in natn'l meetings of licensing associations as speaker, workshop leader, committee member,
Requirements• 2+ years of legal experience with a focus on intellectual property to include patents(technology,
engineering, computer science), trademark, trade secret management -strategy development
• Experience advising on patentability, freedom to practice and clearance
• Experience with patent assertions, prosecutions and licensing
• Experience advising companies on protecting and monetizing IP assets
• Experience reviewing and responding to IP-related complaints, including trademark and copyright
infringement letters and false & misleading complaints, and analyzing trademark claims
• Familiarity with international trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement processes
• Experience in a dynamic virtual workplace environment preferred
• A passion for providing unparalleled service, and going the extra mile every day.
• An innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives
• A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment
• Excellent academic and law credentials
• Active “pursuit” of joining State Bar and registration with the USPTO preferred
• PhD in engineering or computer science a plus
Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, scanning to PDF, CPI and must type 65 wpm. Must be familiar with document management systems. Must be professional in demeanor, reliable, highly organized and detail-oriented.