Cannes/ Summer 2014 Internship with Entertainment Law OfficesBookmark This
Law Offices of Vinca Jarrett & Associates and FilmPro Finance
304 Newbury Street
DescriptionCannes 2014 must combine the internship with either the Winter/Spring 2014 or Summer 2014 internship programs in order to qualify for school credit. Internships are unpaid, but students get invaluable experience in the entertainment business. Students that require credit for internships must apply for credit and get application information prior to applying. There is a fee for attending Cannes.
Hours: Cannes attendees will need to dedicate 20 hours during the 30 days prior to departure. Summer, interns work full time Monday through Wednesday from 9am to 6pm, and will begin working the week of June 3 and end the 2nd week of August.
Cannes Film Festival:
Dates: The tentative film festival dates are currently May 12th- 22th. If you have exams during the beginning of this period, you may request special permission to arrive or depart on a different date within the allotted time. Most schools allow you to take exams prior to leaving for Cannes or after your return. We are happy to provide the school with any information to accommodate you.
Description: Students who attend the Cannes Film Festival will gain invaluable experience in the entertainment business in the following ways:
- Managing meeting schedules: Setting up and scheduling meeting times and locations
- Organizing various social events with existing and prospective clients
- Acquiring invitations to attend various networking events and parties with the company
- Meetings with industry professionals
- Acquiring tickets and attending red carpet and movie screenings
- Identifying and recruiting prospective clients
- Taking potential client meetings, explaining FilmPro’s services and evaluating clients’ projects
- Attending important client meetings on current projects
- Attend Films Screenings
- Attend Business lunches and dinners
Fees: The Cannes internship has a fee currently of five thousand five hundred dollars ($5,500), which covers interns accommodations and festival market badge, as well as all meals taken with the company. Cannes interns are expected to work approximately 20 hours in the office prior to departure to Cannes, and up to 10 hours upon return. Payment is due along with your acceptance. The fee does not include airfare, meals not taken with the company or any other incidentals. There are no refunds of the fee under any circumstances.
Responsibilities- Reading and Analyzing Screenplays
- Preparing One Sheet, Business Proposals and Proposing Casting
- Preparing Office for Film Festivals
- Scheduling Meetings and Communicating Regularly with Clients
- Drafting Invoices and maintaining accounting records
- Creating Newsletters and Event Invitations
- Researching Industry Data
Requirements- strong organizational skills
- interest in the entertainment industry
- own laptop
- social media savvy