Internship for law graduates or 3rd year law studentsBookmark This
New Horizon Financial Corporation
In order to qualify for the 2013 Program, you must:
be enrolled in your first or second year of an American Bar Association accredited law school.
We prefer candidates who have, at minimum, a 2.5 GPANote that we may also consider candidates who are enrolled in post-law school graduate programs.
Summary / Purpose
Intern will assist the department or project manager in providing support to that area. In addition, they may be assigned specific projects either as part of, or in addition to, the day-to-day activities related to the assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Carryout to completion specific projects assigned by the Project or Department Manager.
• Flexible work schedule given potential deadlines
• Adhere to all rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements- Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
• Review contracts
and non-disclosure agreements, edit, revise, and compare to playbook
positions. Work with Contracts Group members in explaining and
negotiating agreement terms, with input on risk and mitigation
alternatives. Contracts and issues will pertain to US and non-US laws
and legal systems.
• Exposure to litigation and claims
pertaining to contract terms and disputes.
various legal issues and apply them to real world contracts and
• Work with various legal databases and systems
used by in-house law departments.
• Participate in
day-to-day operations of a global in-house legal department,
including attendance at legal department and business team meetings.
Participate in Legal Department training and discussion forums. />• Assist with set up and integration of contract files and
records to a Document Assembly and Contract Management system. />• Perform other tasks as needed by the Legal Department.