Law Student wanted for Contract Writing/EditingSnap Outdoors LLC
Hackensack Personal Injury Law InternshipBrandon J. Broderick, Attorney At Law
Legal InternEducation Management Systems
Fall Legislative Fellowship with NYC Council Member Ben KallosCouncil Member Ben Kallos
Law ClerkMcLaughlin Law
International Law Internship Program -India & DubaiPursueAsia Recruitment and Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
Legal InternWeylie Centonzio PLLC
Legal Assistant- Immediate Start DateJones Legal
New York Democratic Lawyers Council - Organizing Internship for Voting RightsBookmark This
2 Wall Street
New York, NY
Posted: August 13 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe NYDLC is a project of the New York State Democratic Party and a chapter of the National Democratic Lawyers Council. We are a group of New York attorneys and others who have a deep commitment to Democratic politics and who share the common goal of protecting each citizen’s right to vote. NYDLC is seeking an intern to help fulfill our mission of protecting the rights of voters on Election Day. This internship is a great opportunity to gain valuable campaign experience while networking with Elected Officials and attorneys who practice in every sector. Ideal for undergraduate students or post undergraduate students who are considering Law School.
To apply, please submit a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assisting in recruiting, training, and deploying over 1,000 volunteer attorneys to be in the field, protecting voters' rights on election day.
- Working directly with Elected officials and campaigns to assist them with voter protection needs.
- Help to plan and staff voter protection informational and educational and outreach events.
- Post election, helping to compile data, analyze, and write a report that will be used to advocate in City Government and New York State Legislature.
-Attend weekly commissioners meetings of the NYC Board of Elections and report back to NYDLC.
- Direct interaction with the NYDLC Steering committee
RequirementsA qualified candidate would have the following attributes:
- Strong communications and writing skills.
- Enthusiastic desire to learn about campaign organizing.
- Highly organized, ability to pay attention to details.
- A passion for equality and progressive values, such as protecting the right to vote.
- A commitment to 12 hours per week at our office in lower Manhattan.