Talks On Law - Research InternBookmark This
DescriptionTalks on Law (“TOL”) is a start-up law and media company dedicated to creating a forum for contemporary, controversial, and cutting-edge ideas related to law, shared through short, interviews, with content available to viewers via our website, podcasts, and live events.
At TOL, we conduct fast paced interviews with the attorneys and thinkers in the country. We are seeking an intern to help us with the preparation process. Intern will work five to ten hours each week with TOL staff to assist in all research-related aspects for our interviews. TOL is based in Manhattan, however, this internship can be performed remotely.
ResponsibilitiesCore Job Responsibilities Include:
• Researching exciting, cutting-edge legal issues and working with the TOL team to develop interview outlines for Talks On Law’s curator
• Helping to prepare interesting and educational written material to accompany Talks On Law interviews that will be available to viewers
• Suggesting contemporary topics and dynamic interview subjects that align with Talks On Law’s mission
RequirementsAbout you. Strong candidates will have a thirst for current events, a strong interest in law or media, excellent problem-solving abilities, communication skills, and a strong work ethic. We are looking for a self-starter who has passion for working for in the exciting and demanding intersection of entrepreneurship, journalism, and law.
• Currently enrolled in a college or university or recent graduate with a degree in pre-law, political science, journalism, or related field, OR current law student
• Interest in cutting-edge legal issues
• Strong writing, and verbal skills
• Ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously