Winter/Spring 2014 Film/Media Internship with Entertainment Law OfficesBookmark This
Law Offices of Vinca Jarrett & Associates and FilmPro Finance
304 Newbury Street
Vinca L. Jarrett, Esq. is an entertainment lawyer and president of FilmPro Finance, a financial consulting service for investors and producers for funding one-off films and building film slates.
Description of Position:
We are currently looking for candidates for the Winter/Spring 2014. All students that wish to be considered for Cannes 2014 must combine the internship with either the Winter/Spring 2014 or Summer 2014 internship programs in order to qualify for school credit. Internships are unpaid, but students get invaluable experience in the entertainment business. Students that require credit for internships must apply for credit and get application information prior to applying. There is a fee for attending Cannes.
Winter/Spring 2014 Internship
Undergraduate Students will be
- Reading and Analyzing Screenplays
- Preparing One Sheet, Business Proposals and Proposing Casting
- Preparing Office for Film Festivals
- Scheduling Meetings and Communicating Regularly with Clients
- Drafting Invoices and maintaining accounting records
- Creating Newsletters and Event Invitations
- Researching Industry Data
- All students will need strong writing and organizational skills, as well as experience with computers (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Hours: Winter begins the week of January 7th and ends the last week of April in order to allow time to prepare for our Cannes departure, as well as taking exams.
In addition to these internships there are also opportunities to attend film festivals with the company. I am providing a description of the Cannes Internship, which has been ongoing for more than a decade.
Responsibilities- email drafting
- organizing files
- updating social media sites
Requirements- must have a strong interest in the entertainment industry
- good written and oral communication skills
- social media savvy
- own laptop