CHINESE-speaking entry-level clerk or paralegalKenneth M. Sabath Law Offices
Legal InternState Funds
Law Student - Business contractsParadigm Learning.com
Legal InternDOMINIEREN CORPORATION
Legal InternThe Butler Law Group, PLLC
Legal InternBeautyman Alvstad, LLP
legal Internship (paid) PART -TIME OR FULL TIMEUPLYFT CAPITAL
Legal Assistant/Paralegal/Attorney InternSussman Law Firm, PLLC
Legal AidBookmark This
Musafiri & Associates
260 Madison Ave, Suite 204
New York, NY
Posted: June 22 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is an excellent opportunity for hands-on legal training. Musafiri & Associates is a small private law firm in Midtown Manhattan handling primarily Immigration and Family Law, including a range of pro-bono and low-bono cases.
We are looking for a legal intern to support active clients and learn legal research, legal writing, and client interaction on-the-job. The work is intellectual, rather than rote, and interns become personally invested in the cases they advocate for the most.
Ideal candidates can start in the next few weeks. The duration of the internship is flexible, and we will try to accommodate scheduling needs for particularly qualified applicants.
Responsibilities- Researching statutes and precedents to support open cases
- Preparing motions for courts and letters to clients (reviewed by lawyer)
- Observing important client meetings
- Whenever appropriate, answering client concerns in person and over the phone
- Effective interns will learn and advocate for the specific needs of a couple clients, becoming their first point of contact, conducting in-depth research wherever needed, and attending court appearances (if any)
Requirements- English fluency
- Strong researcher
- Quick learner with an effective work ethic
- Sincere interest in law and problem-solving
- Good interpersonal skills for collaborating with coworkers and meeting with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and other simple office tools
SkillsRequired - English
Preferred - Research, Problem Solving, Writing, Interpersonal Communication, Law