Law Student or Paralegal Student - Internship for academic creditLanin Law P.C.
Legal Intern for an Entertainment CompanySignal 23 TV
Office InternThe Carter Law Group
Legal InternshipManley Deas Kochalski
Paralegal InternshipMcCready, Garcia & Leet
Corporate Legal InternTransmarket Group
Legal Assistant/ Paralegal/Law ClerkThe JC Law Group, LLC
Law ClerkU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Legal AidBookmark This
Musafiri & Associates
260 Madison Ave, Suite 204
New York, NY
Posted: June 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is an excellent opportunity for hands-on legal training. Musafiri & Associates is a small private law firm in Midtown Manhattan handling primarily Immigration and Family Law, including a range of pro-bono and low-bono cases.
We are looking for a legal intern to support active clients and learn legal research, legal writing, and client interaction on-the-job. The work is intellectual, rather than rote, and interns become personally invested in the cases they advocate for the most.
Ideal candidates can start in the next few weeks. The duration of the internship is flexible, and we will try to accommodate scheduling needs for particularly qualified applicants.
Responsibilities- Researching statutes and precedents to support open cases
- Preparing motions for courts and letters to clients (reviewed by lawyer)
- Observing important client meetings
- Whenever appropriate, answering client concerns in person and over the phone
- Effective interns will learn and advocate for the specific needs of a couple clients, becoming their first point of contact, conducting in-depth research wherever needed, and attending court appearances (if any)
Requirements- English fluency
- Strong researcher
- Quick learner with an effective work ethic
- Sincere interest in law and problem-solving
- Good interpersonal skills for collaborating with coworkers and meeting with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and other simple office tools
SkillsRequired - English
Preferred - Research, Writing, Interpersonal Communication, Law, Problem Solving