Legal InternBeautyman Alvstad, LLP
legal Internship (paid) PART -TIME OR FULL TIMEUPLYFT CAPITAL
Legal Assistant/Paralegal/Attorney InternSussman Law Firm, PLLC
Law Student - Business contractsParadigm Learning.com
Research AssistantJacques & Associates
Legal InternElliot Ifraimoff & Associates, P.C.
Fall Intern - Legal DepartmentJohns Hopkins HealthCare
Data Entry/Legal Secretary InternshipThe Hardman Law Offices
Legal AssistantBookmark This
Musafiri & Associates
260 Madison Ave, Suite 204
New York, NY
Posted: August 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is an excellent opportunity for hands-on legal training. Musafiri & Associates is a small private law firm in Midtown Manhattan handling primarily Immigration and Family Law and property Law including a range of pro-bono and low-bono cases.
We are looking for a legal intern to support active clients and learn legal research, legal writing, and client interaction on-the-job. The work is highly intellectual, and require graduate or post-graduate Degree with strong interest in law. The matters and issue are highly interesting and complex..
Ideal candidates can start in the next few weeks. The duration of the internship is flexible. We will try to accommodate scheduling needs for particularly qualified applicants but we require reporting 5 days a week. The position is suitable for graduate and professional exploring a carrer in law as well as students taking a semester off school. it is not indicated for active students.
Responsibilities- Researching statutes and precedents to support open cases
- Preparing general format for motions, legal memoranda and letters to clients (reviewed by lawyer)
- Observing important client meetings, and other meeting and taking notes and /or minutes
- Booking Clients appointment and keeping attorney calendar updated
- Interacting and communicating with clients as instructed
- Updating both physical and cloud client-files
- Effective interns will learn and advocate for the specific needs of a couple clients, becoming their first point of contact, conducting in-depth research wherever needed, and attending court appearances (if any)
Requirements- English fluency
- Strong research capability including legal research
- Quick learner with an effective work ethic
- Demonstrated interest in law and problem-solving
- Good interpersonal skills for collaborating with coworkers and meeting with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Excel, powerpoint and others
- Multitasking, energy and self start
- Punctual, and responsible good care of clients matters
- Proficiency with Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw or other legal search platforms