Criminal JusticeWilshire Financial Network
Legal Intern (Remote/Virtual Position)YSBA, LLC
Legal AdminstrativeLauth Investigations International
World Law Internship Program (Winter/Spring 2017)World Service Authority
Legal Research Intern Spring 2017Consumers for a Responsive Legal System
ParalegalLaw Office of Tracy Stallworth
Immigration Paralegal Intern (Paid)Williams Global Law PLLC
Legal Clerk InternSmart Capital Corporation
Legal Internship: Immigration, Family, Business, and International LawBookmark This
Musafiri & Associates
260 Madison Ave, Suite 204
New York, NY
Posted: June 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMusafiri & Associates is a small private law firm in Midtown Manhattan focusing on Immigration Law, International Law Family Law, Civil Litigation and Business Law
- Immigration Law: Our firm provides employers and employees with the latest and most appropriate immigration strategies. We represent individuals and families, as well as businesses, undergoing the U.S. immigration process. These are clients in the United States and around the world, with a high proportion of pro-bono and low-bono work.
- Family Law: Our firm handles a number of family law issues such as divorce, domestic violence, custody and guardianship.
- International Law: The firm represents public and private companies in their transactions involving foreign elements (export/import), the creation of new entities and operations abroad, and high-net-worth individuals on legal matters in the United States and abroad. The firm also represents families that control global businesses and assets, in both their corporate and personal interests.
- Business Law: We represent individuals, entrepreneurs, start-ups, emerging companies, established companies, business owners, and not-for-profit organizations in a variety of industries including Internet ventures, education, retail, fashion, art, advertising, media, and other professional services.
The firm is looking for a legal intern who can ideally start in the next few weeks. The duration of the internship is flexible, depending upon performance. Responsibilities would include legal research, legal writing, and client interaction. Both JD's and LLM's are welcome (as well as candidates who have foreign legal experience). The ability to communicate in English is essential.
Responsibilities- Legal research and industry research: This would include researching case law as well as statutes. It also may includes industry based research in order to better understand clients' business processes underlying the legal issues at hands
- Legal writing: Legal memoranda of laws and facts, drafting client letters, office memos, motions for courts, affidavits and pleadings to the courts.. Other non-legal memos may be required
- Immigration Forms: Immigration Law comprises a large part of the firm's business. Therefore, it is essential that the intern have built some knowledge of the US Immigration system and the filing of immigration forms
- Client interaction: Interacting with clients is an essential part of the job. Interviewing clients and understanding their requirements is also an important aspect of the job
-Ethics and legal practice. Before starting the internship, retained candidates are advised to revise the Rules of professional responsibilities, NY State and ABA discussions . The training in legal ethics issues is integral to the internship and provided by the firm both informally and formally
Requirements- Must be currently enrolled in a US Law School or have graduated from US or Foreign Law School
- Must currently be in the US
- Must be adept at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategies,
- Interpersonal and Managerial Skills are key for this position
- An innovative self-starter with problem-solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic
- Perform well in an environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face-to-face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Google Drive
- Ability to communicate in English is essential. Knowledge of other languages such as French or Spanish would be an added bonus
- Registration at a US State Bar (NY would be best) preferred but not required