Intern needed for a small busy Immigration Law FirmAtash Law PC
WI STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
Legal InternGreat Minds
Litigation Internship for Juris Doctor, Recent Law School GradSamini Scheinberg PC
Criminal JusticeWilshire Financial Network
Legal Intern (Remote/Virtual Position)YSBA, LLC
Legal AdminstrativeLauth Investigations International
Legal SecretaryBookmark This
The Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp
1221 Studewood St
Posted: July 23 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp is a criminal law firm with a practice devoted to the defense of criminal charges including felonies and misdemeanors of all stature. The Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp specializes in representing clients faced with such offenses as DWI – Driving While Intoxicated, theft crimes, assault, murder, sex crimes and more. The firm also helps in the sealing of criminal records including expungement and petitions for non-disclosure throughout Texas. http://www.sharpcriminalattorney.com
The Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to aid in welcoming clients, data entry, clerical work, etc.
Responsibilities• Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
• Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
• Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
• Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
• Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
• Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
All applications should be submitted via this job posting. Please do NOT contact the office directly via email or telephone. Thank you.
Requirements- High school graduate
- PC and Mac familiarity
- Intermediate MS Office use
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organized and punctual