INTERNSHIP at law officeKirakosian Law
Legal InternDrizly Inc.
Paralegal InternThe Law Office of Lauren C Medel, PLLC
Legal InternThe Law Office of Lauren C Medel, PLLC
Legal Researcher InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Legal InternElliot Ifraimoff & Associates, P.C.
Legal InternshipArnoff and Associates, Inc.
Legal Secretary/AssistantBookmark This
Law Offices of Billy Skinner
712 Main St Ste 2450
Posted: July 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Law Offices of Billy Skinner is a criminal defense law firm based in Houston, TX that fights for their clients in state and federal court. They are committed to protecting the criminally accused and handle a variety of cases, including internet crimes, sex crimes, aggravated assault and DWI.
We need a Legal Secretary/Assistant to answer telephones, greet clients, handle scheduling of meetings and appointments, and perform other various tasks around the office.
ResponsibilitiesLegal Secretary Job Responsibilities:
Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the attorney to clients and others.
Legal Secretary Job Duties:
• Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
• Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
• Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
• Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
• Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
• Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Please do not contact the office directly. All applications and questions should be handle through this post. Thank you.
RequirementsLegal Secretary Skills and Qualifications:
Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Telephone Skills, Office Experience - General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships