Office InternThe Carter Law Group
Legal InternshipManley Deas Kochalski
Paralegal InternshipMcCready, Garcia & Leet
Corporate Legal InternTransmarket Group
Legal Assistant/ Paralegal/Law ClerkThe JC Law Group, LLC
Law ClerkU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Legal Assistant InternU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Undergraduate Legal InternshipAmericans United for Separation of Church and State
Personal Injury Legal InternBookmark This
The Weinstein Firm
5299 Roswell Rd
Posted: August 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAtlanta Law firm seeking a personal injury legal intern wanting to pursue a career in the legal field. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and possess the ability to multi-task and work in a high volume fast-paced environment. Duties may include but are not limited to assisting with the following:
1. Sort through and respond to incoming telephone calls; forwarding calls when appropriate and applicable.
2. Set up claims with insurance companies
3. Open and sort all daily mail and distribute appropriately.
4. Keep client inventory lists up-to-date and case referral lists for the case managers.
5. Scan, properly label and file in client file system all faxes and daily mail
6. Properly arrange and keep in order all client drop files
7. Prepare, file with the court, and copy for file the complaint package and initial discovery to be served upon defendants.
8. Go on office supply runs
9. Prepare and file with the court various legal documents
10. Prepare reply to defendants' answers to complaint.
11. As they are received, scan in and give all discovery pleadings and/or motions to compel to attorney/ paralegal.
12. Prepare requests for copies in response to notice of production from non-parties; file same in the file.
13. Schedule and calendar appointments and diaries applicable to the attorney, including answer/discovery diaries, 120 day service/response requests, etc.
14. Call ahead and confirm scheduled appointments on the attorney's calendar.
15. Obtain directions for attorney's scheduled appointments.
16. Notify clients of depositions, medical examination appointments, mediations, and trials.
17. Notify paralegal when appropriate of any upcoming appointments that require documentation preparation (this entails providing copies of orders for mediation and trial orders when received and notice by e-mail of depositions and attorney prelim/exhibit exchange conferences).
18. As appropriate compile medical records in accordance with the needs of case managers, paralegals and attorney(s) for review. Prepare responses to defense pre-suit request for production, admission, etc. Preparation of denial/rejection/withdrawal letters to client.
19. Keep up with sorting and filing of all incoming mail.
20. Any other duties delegated or assigned by current staff.
Candidate must be familiar with legal case management systems, how to use and operate a fax/copy machine, operate a mail station, have a desire to learn about personal injury law, must be a self-starter, punctual and focused.
RequirementsCandidate MUST HAVE:
Some experience in the legal field, coursework will be considered in place of office experience in some cases.
Associates or Bachelor's Degree program recipient or pursing a degree in a legal field.
Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Adobe Acrobat Reader and most common office computer applications.