Legal InternBeautyman Alvstad, LLP
legal Internship (paid) PART -TIME OR FULL TIMEUPLYFT CAPITAL
Legal Assistant/Paralegal/Attorney InternSussman Law Firm, PLLC
Law Student - Business contractsParadigm Learning.com
Research AssistantJacques & Associates
Legal InternElliot Ifraimoff & Associates, P.C.
Fall Intern - Legal DepartmentJohns Hopkins HealthCare
Data Entry/Legal Secretary InternshipThe Hardman Law Offices
WJMS Radio Legal Counsel InternBookmark This
Posted: July 10 2016
Company Location: Yonkers, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWJMS Radio is an online radio station looking for an eager student who can help us put together the various documents we will need to keep the station running. We need various types of contracts that will cover the station from lawsuits and liabilities at events and with clients etc. These documents once generated should be able to be applied to all future transactions. You would be responsible for updating them, and completing them as clients come on board.
We are also looking for someone who can brief us on various legal matters like copyrights and trademarking to ensure that we are protected from infringement etc.
This internship is very flexible in a sense that you will be providing counsel to us (you assume no risk for advice taken) on various matters to keep WJMS afloat. There are no set hours aside from a weekly check-in call on Sundays at 7pmET.
ResponsibilitiesAs a legal intern with WJMS you will be responsible for the following:
• Researching various legal topics as they pertain to WJMS. Making sure the station is covered from certain liabilities. Including:
- Copyright laws
- Ratings etc.
- Liability (various degrees)
• Pulling reports of the concepts above and presenting to WJMS staff with steps to follow to make sure the station is covered/aware.
• Keeping up with the latest trends and stories on legal matters as they would pertain to an internet station.
• Developing Non-Compete and Non-Disclosure documents for station personnel and interns
• Developing Performance Agreements to be used at events
• Developing Advertising Agreements to be used with vendors
• Developing other contracts as needed
(And updating these contracts as new clients are added)
RequirementsVery Flexible hours
Social media knowledge
MS Office suite for creating documents
Must be available for weekly conference calls on Sundays at 7pm ET
SkillsRequired - Data Entry, Music, Typing, MS Office Suite, Social Media Communications
Preferred - Marketing, Advertising, Legal Advice, Google Analytics, Legal, Web