Athletics in Parks & Recreation DepartmentBookmark This
City of Clearwater
706 N. Missouri Ave. Clearwater, FL 33756
DescriptionThis position is available with the Athletics division of Parks and Recreation with the City of Clearwater. The Parks and Recreation Department consists of more than 230 full time and part time employees, 60 professional contract employees, 150 umpires, referees and officials, and 500 volunteers. If you are interested in a fast paced experience then the City of Clearwater is definitely the place for you!
Responsibilities• Plan and execute large collegiate level tournaments to include: Operations, logistics, marketing, staffing, lighting and hospitality.
• Learn how to run local adult baseball and softball leagues and co-sponsor programs.
• Learn budget, staffing, customer service needs to fulfill a year round, multi-sport recreation program.
Requirements• Student obtaining a Degree in Sport Management, Parks Recreation & Tourism, Sport Business, Recreation & Park Management, Outdoor Recreation, Business or Marketing.
• Have a love for Sports and Recreation and want to pursue a career in this field.
• Have a working knowledge in Microsoft office and other computer software.
• Organizational skills
• Verbal and Written skills