Partnership ManagerBookmark This
1800 Wyoming Ave
DescriptionWHO ARE WE?
Waveborn is a sunglasses company that combines the cool of fashion with the soul of giving. For each pair of sunglasses sold, Waveborn donates one pair of prescription eyeglasses to people who need them, or pays for a portion of a sight-restoring surgery.
The 2013 Waveborn Internship Program is designed to welcome you into the Waveborn family and provide you with the tools, experiences, and skills to begin building your career and resume. We are looking for a few passionate individuals who are interested in building a fast-moving company from the ground floor and doing social good at the same time.
We also have a motto here at Waveborn. “Choose Your Wave.” What we mean by that is while we need you to crave new skills and tackle big projects, your wave is also self-directed. You get to help build your experience by identifying some great ideas that interest you—you help to choose your direction. Suggest your own projects and experiments. We’d love to ride your wave with you.
This key role will help to develop relationships with current partners with Waveborn while researching and establishing opportunities to develop further relations with other partners.
Building relationships with other companies and organizations elevates the exposure of the Waveborn brand and its products as while opening doors to future projects and connections. This key role supports and advocates for our institutional goals of helping others grow and develop, building marketable skills, and fostering a culture that others are drawn to. This role has four key objectives:
1. Research potential partnerships and develop relationships with potential partners (including nonprofits, sales partnerships, promotional partnerships, etc.)
2. Maintain strong relationships with Waveborn’s existing nonprofit partners, Unite for Sight and SEE International
3. Work with other departments to host and sponsor events with potential and existing partners
4. Send periodic personal emails to partners for campaign and press information
RequirementsWHAT YOU’LL GET OUT OF A WAVEBORN INTERNSHIP
There are some amazing things you’ll get out of your internship with Waveborn:
• Valuable experience that will help you develop the skills you need to gain a competitive advantage in the job market
• You’ll build a valuable network. Once you’re in the growing Waveborn family you’ll find lots of people who care about you, what you’re doing, and how they can help
• We’ll provide you with letter of recommendation commensurate to your commitment and contribution
• We’ll provide executive mentoring—on a weekly basis you’ll have a personal mentoring session to provide and share input on your experience and to receive personal career coaching
• We’ll help you design the internship for college credit if you’re interested
• Since we’re a social good company—we give the gift of sight—we’re happy to help you meet any service credit requirements you may have for your college
HOW TO APPLY
Please give us four short paragraphs:
1. About who you are
2. Why the internship interests you
3. What you´d like to accomplish
4. How long you´re available (e.g. 20 hours per week from October 1 to December 20) and how you´d like to work (we have both virtual employees and an office with food and games in Washington, DC!)
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in joining the Waveborn movement.
Answers to specific questions can be found on our FAQs page.