Management Assistant InternBookmark This
The Renaissance Group
DescriptionThe Renaissance Group is one of the country's largest independent consulting and coaching firms which focuses exclusively on the needs of small business owners. We are looking for an intern who is committed and motivated to gain practical work experience.
This internship will offer the right student professional and personal development with practical, hands-on experience and mentorship working under the guidance of the heads of Marketing, Client Services and Operations.
Interns will be exposed to all facets of business: Leadership, Management, Strategic, Marketing, Sales, Operations and Client Services and have several key accomplishments to add to their resume, including launch of a new line of business.
ResponsibilitiesThe Management Assistant Intern will be accountable for:
1. Manage day-to-day workflow.
2. Maintain calendars and monitor priorities.
3. Manage incoming and outgoing communications.
4. Recommend and develop improved business processes to enhance overall operations.
5. Develop and manage annual company calendar
6. Assist with management of company's operating budget
7. Create project plans and manage projects to schedule and budget
8. Oversee revisions to firm's online operations manual
9. Oversee conversion to new online intranet platform
10. Participate in quarterly strategic planning process and monthly operations reviews
11. Manage the company's key activity tickler/reminder system
12. Delegate items and follow-up to ensure progress to completion
13. Perform word processing, spreadsheet creation and analysis or development and revisions to presentations as needed.
14. Create vendor management system within new online intranet platform
15. Assistant management team members with special projects as requested.
16. Prepare client reports and meeting summaries as requested.
17. Research and revamp company's time reporting system.
18. Draft and revise business processes as requested.
19. Handle all other duties as assigned.
RequirementsThe ideal intern will:
*Have a GPA of at least 3.0
*Be available to start internship in May (part or full-time availability considered)
*Be able to execute intern professional development and learning plan
*Be comfortable overseeing the work/deliverables of interns/employees or vendors that you don't directly supervise
*Have strong written and verbal communication skills
*Ability to take initiative
*Have strong time management skills
*Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times
*Demonstrate the appropriate sense of urgency
*Be able to manage multiple projects and be detailed-oriented
*Be technologically savvy
*Have strong familiarity with web-based applications and Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
*Have a strong understanding of basic project management skills
*Proven record of innovative thinking and problem solving ability
*Be available to work at least 20 hours per week with at least 50% of those working hours within our core company hours of 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Eastern
*Be focused on results
*Demonstrate a professional and polished self-image on your own social media accounts
*Participate in an Executive Daily Briefing Huddle by phone
*Be able to work effectively in a virtual, work environment
*Be able to work well independently and as part of a team
*Be able to work remotely on your own computer
*Be able to maintain all company and client information as completely confidential and not disclosed outside the firm.