Office InternLaunch Media
Business Administration - Management TrainingEffectus Enterprises
AVAILABLE ASAP!! LAST MINUTE SPRING/SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN SALES MANAGEMENT!!!Silverman Benefits Group
AVAILABLE ASAP!! LAST MINUTE SPRING/SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT!!!Silverman Benefits Group
Volunteer ManagerCareer Gear
Operations / Business Management InternshipBookmark This
130 W 25th Street Studio 2B
New York, NY
DescriptionMIKA is an innovative start-up involved in many industries. The business model allows for opportunity in a large and competitive market.
The Operations Management Intern will be responsible for data entry, customer service, financial analysis, accounting, research, supply chain management, assisting and creating organizational and program budgets. The emphasis on this internship is analyzing the business strategy most effective for the current business model, as well as helping the day-to-day operations of this growing company.
Serving as a member of the Management Team along with the COO, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's operational functions.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the sales, marketing, creative team by implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices. This position will also interact with all other facets of the organization.
Responsibilities• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
• Play a significant role in long-term and short-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
• Oversee systems, panels, dashboards, and controls.
• Budgeting in coordination with the Chief Operating Officer.
• Development of individual program budgets
• Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service.
• Supervise and coach on a weekly basis.
Requirements• Student/Bachelor’s degree in business related field
• Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
• Hands-on approach
• Strong judgment and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work and learn independent from other members.
• Exceptionally strong writing and analytical skills
• Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
• Communication skills, including oral, written, and public speaking ability.
• The ability to sharpen and perform under deadline pressure.