Management Trainee- Marketing & AdvertisingAdore, Inc.
Entry Level Business AnalysttekERP
Wade Early Learning Site Manager Assistant (Summer 2014)The Centers for Families and Children
HR Volunteer Management Intern - East (Summer 2014)The Centers for Families and Children
Volunteer Management Intern (Fall 2014)The Centers for Families and Children
Refugee Resettlement Special Medical/ Intensive Case Management InternshipBookmark This
Exodus Refugee Immigration
1125 Brookside Ave, suite C9
DescriptionExodus Refugee Immigration Inc. began in 1981 to serve the legal needs of immigrants and to respond to Cuban refugees that resulted in the Mariel Boatlift in Cuba. In its 30 year history, Exodus has had the responsibility and privilege to extend a warm welcome to these courageous persons seeking safety, freedom and a new home. Beyond hospitality Exodus’ role is also to provide the goods, services, support and resources necessary to empower these newcomers so that they can achieve self-sufficiency and create the secure and free life that every person deserves.
Exodus’ clients include individual refugees and refugee families (children, adults, and elders). Males and females are equally served. Certified victims of human trafficking, asylees, secondary migrant refugees are also served by Exodus. The largest populations currently served by Exodus are Burmese, Iraqi, and Eritrean refugees.
ResponsibilitiesFor many reasons, newly arriving refugees struggle to take an active role in managing their healthcare. This program provides the one-on-one engagement needed to help refugees overcome obstacles preventing medical care, access care, and learn to self-manage ongoing care. Interns will be providing transportation to and from appointments for clients; this will require a lot of driving. Intern duties may include the following:
- Assisting refugees with doctor's appointments
- Assisting with special medical coordination
- Updating casenotes and maintaining case files in a timely and accurate manner
- Administrative tasks & other duties as assigned
Requirements- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and to work with them in a fair, supportive and cooperative manner
- Commitment to the human rights and general welfare of asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, multicultural office environment, take initiative, be able to handle multiple assignments at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain organized records
- Demonstrate respect for client privacy and maintain confidentiality
- Maintain an appearance and conduct suitable for working with the public
- Adheres to schedule but demonstrates a willingness to be flexible
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and other Windows applications
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license & car insurance, and willingness to provide transportation to clients (not required but strongly preferred