Sports Management InternshipBookmark This
Special Olympics Santa Barbara
423 W. Victoria St.
Santa Barbara, CA
DescriptionSpecial Olympics Santa Barbara is a volunteer based organization helping us provide sports training and competition in 11 Olympic-type sports for 425 children, teens and adults with intellectual disabilities. We are in need of a Sports Management Intern to assist with our Fall sports program which offers floor hockey, tennis, soccer, bowling and softball.
Duties include managing athlete and coach participation, assisting with coaching needs, planning sports competitions and events and providing program support to the Regional Sports Manager. Willingness to commit 6-10 hours per week with some sports practices occurring on weekends and week nights.
This is a great opportunity to get involved and give back to the community. You will also be helping to improve the lives of children, teenagers, and adults with intellectual disabilities. Experience working with individuals with intellectuals disabilities or experience with sports management preferred.
If interested, please send resume, weekly availability and any additional documents to Special Event and Volunteer Manager, Michelle Duke at email@example.com.
ResponsibilitiesSports Program Assistance:
- Manage athlete and coach participation sign-ups
- Serve as additional support for volunteer coaches and attend sports practices as needed
- Prepare coach packets and equipment
- Data entry and administrative tasks
- Manage equipment orders and event needs
- Organize participant registration (e.g. sports divisions, team brackets, etc.) using online database
- Prepare for day-of event organization and assist with event day-of