Office InternTeixeira Development Group, S.A.
AFLAC LAST MINUTE SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN SALES MANAGEMENT!!!Silverman Benefits Group
AFLAC LAST MINUTE SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT!!!Silverman Benefits Group
Harford County Company is offering SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN SALES MANAGEMENT!!!Silverman Benefits Group
Harford County Company is offering SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT!!!Silverman Benefits Group
Volunteer, Intern, & Outreach Management InternshipBookmark This
Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, National Park Service
485 Fillmore Street, PO Box 65
Harpers Ferry, WV
DescriptionVolunteer Program Management Internship
An internship in Volunteer Management at Harpers Ferry provides a student with a diversified internship experience! The selected candidate will have the unique opportunity to work with staff from all park branches on a variety of projects, special volunteer events, and resource management activities. From the front lines, interacting with the park visitor, to working one on one with park volunteers, the incumbent will experience almost every facet of park operations.
This internship is approximately 10-12 weeks in length.
Park housing MAY be available and/or a $100 per week stipend, $1,200 total stipend available, for 12 weeks’ work. Please indicate if you would require housing, and inquire about the stipend.
ResponsibilitiesDuties may include but are not limited to the following
• Leading volunteer groups on a variety of field projects (trail maintenance, landscape restoration, park clean-up days, sign installation, vegetation removal, etc.).
• Creating and managing park-wide volunteer database.
• Assisting with volunteer program office and supply room organization
• Assist with administrative tasks as needed (less than 30% of time)
• Providing other park interns programmatic support, organizing small scale volunteer projects (i.e. scouts, school groups).
• Assisting park landscape architect with summer SCA crew and presenting informal informational and interpretive programs to volunteer groups.
• Build good relationships with park staff from all divisions/branches
• Researching park needs for volunteer positions and projects
• Update Park Volunteer Handbook (last edition done Summer 2011)
• Assist in community outreach efforts to local volunteer groups, businesses, and schools, to increase public awareness of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park's Volunteer & Internship Program Opportunities
• Work closely with and build good relations with other Interns and Volunteers in the park to make sure they are having a positive experience during their time at Harpers Ferry.
• Notify Volunteer Coordinator of any issues with Interns or Volunteers that need to be addressed.
• Assist Volunteer Coordinator with event coordination for summer social events/cookouts for volunteer/intern recognition.
Contact Samantha Zurbuch, Park Volunteer Program Manager:
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Effective communications skills - both oral and written - are essential! Experience in public speaking is a plus. The student selected for this position must be able to provide leadership and guidance to both small and large volunteer groups, most importantly possess the ability to relate to and work with volunteers of all ages, especially youths and teens. Work will be performed in both an office setting and out in the field. Incumbent may be required to lift up to 40 lbs, work over uneven terrain in temperatures ranging from 50 - 95 degrees. Must possess a current Driver's License. An intermediate knowledge of computers and basic data management programs (Access, Excel, Word, etc.) is essential.
Must be High School graduate, 18+ years old, and a motivated, proactive, independent worker, who can lead volunteer groups and individuals with skill. Familiarity and/or experience with the National Park Service Volunteers in Parks (VIP) Program, or other federal or non-federal Volunteer Program is a plus, but not required. Coursework in volunteer management and/or environmental management is also a plus, but not required.