Social Media & Community Management InternPerfect Solutions Marketing & Design
Operations InternHAL Robotics Pvt Ltd
Assistant Lead Editor Internship (Virtual)New York Minute Magazine
Marketing Management, Web Design, Entrepreneurship Internship - UnpaidDobson Healthcare Services, Inc.
Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor InternshipColony Brands
Community Outreach InternBookmark This
Master of Ceremonies: A Male's Guide for a Successful Life
Posted: October 17 2016
Company Location: Fort Washington, MD
Application Deadline: January 13, 2017
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/23/17 — 05/31/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Community Outreach Intern will mainly oversee the community volunteers and strive to build partnerships with major corporations and stakeholders related to the book, Master of Ceremonies: A Male’s Guide for a Successful Life. This unpaid internship has potential to one day become a full-time paid position with opportunities to earn sporadic bonuses. For more information, contact email@example.com .
Information Regarding the Product
This self-help book, “Master of Ceremonies: A Male's Guide for a Successful Life” has been added to the distribution list of several online bookstores including Barnes and Noble, Ebay, Amazon, Books-A-Million, Apple Bookstore, and many more. The book is about how to take ownership over your own life. Readers will also learn life skills including the importance of good self-esteem, friendship choices, financial management, good employee etiquette, networking, social media usage, interviewing techniques, living independently with diagrams on check writing and properly tying a necktie, and much more. This is a great book for anyone going through an issue (low self-esteem, poor grades, bad friendships, fatherless homes, etc.) or transition (graduating middle or high school, graduating college, moving on their own, starting a new job, etc.).
• Professional reference/ Letter of recommendation
• Free “Master of Ceremonies: A Male's Guide for a Successful Life” book
• Regular professional development
• Professional attire/accessories will be sporadically given
• Quarterly performance reviews
• Professional mentorship (resume/cover critiques, interview and salary negotiation prep)
• Potential to earn bonuses from assistance with book signings
• Free book consultation in case you want to write a book
Working Conditions/ Schedule
All work will be done remotely. This internship will require five to ten hours of work weekly. Schedule will be set in agreement with the internship supervisor. Staff meeting times will vary based on availability of the team that week.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings via conference call
• Participate in individual meetings with internship supervisor
• Oversee monthly book giveaway contest
• Act as liaison between clients and author when necessary
• Recruit, train, and manage organize volunteers for outreach initiatives
• Study behavioral trends in K-12 education (mainly grades 7-12) and higher education
• Conduct study of all book signing locations including demographic and income data
• Research and develop list of eligible:
o Printing and signage sponsorship opportunities
o Clothing company sponsorship opportunities
• Identify foundations, corporations, charitable organizations, and individuals that could provide grants, revenue streams and financial support
• Research free or low cost conferences/webinars/seminars/ events closely related to authors, male engagement, or leadership
• Respond to inquiries through email and phone
• Other duties as assigned
• Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, and a future focused environment
• Excellent written communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, and verbal communication
• Preference will be given to candidates with a background or major in human services, marketing, communications, education, leadership, and another closely- elated specialization
• Must have access to a computer
• Must have access to a webcam for video chats
• Must have access to a phone for phone conferences
• Experience with recruitment, management, and support of individuals interested in volunteer opportunities.
• Experience working with a diverse group of middle and/or high school students.
• Be creative with an eye for design
• Willingness to work with little supervision
• Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required (specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher)
• Must have a good and professional internet/social media presence
• Must be fluent in English