(Fall '16-Spring '17)-Music-Business Management Internship-Miami, FLMinistry Recording Group of VA
Social Media & Community Management InternPerfect Solutions Marketing & Design
Operations InternHAL Robotics Pvt Ltd
Assistant Lead Editor Internship (Virtual)New York Minute Magazine
Marketing Management, Web Design, Entrepreneurship Internship - UnpaidDobson Healthcare Services, Inc.
Office & Admin Intern (Fall or academic year)Bookmark This
English At Large
800 W Cummings Park, STE 5550
Posted: August 30 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in Lexington, MA in 1970, English At Large is a non-profit that provides individual and small group instruction through a volunteer network to adult immigrants and other newcomers who want to acquire English language skills as they adapt to life in the United States. Our vision is that newcomers to the United States will develop the English language skills and acquire the cultural knowledge needed to fully engage in their communities and fulfill their life goals.
To learn more visit: http://www.englishatlarge.org
Facebook: English At Large
1. One-on-one supervision
2. Opportunities to attend internal/external individual and group professional development
3. Small and friendly office environment
4. Opportunity to be a part of a team of college, graduate, and professional-level interns
5. Work with English language learners
ResponsibilitiesThe Office Administration Intern works directly with the Director of Volunteer Engagement to support the operations of our tutoring and conversation group programs. This position is a good fit for those seeking to gain experience in project management, organization and office management, volunteer management, communications/marketing, non-profit management, and administration.
1. Maintain all learner records on ACCESS and SMARTT databases
2. Reception area duties
3. Generate program progress reports
4. Manage the English At Large office email account
5. Note taking at staff meetings
6. Phone and email communications with learners and volunteers
7. Maintaining office operations
9. Conduct TABE Clas-E or Best Plus assessments for the organization
4. Fluency in another language a plus
5. Must be able to be in the office at least one day/week
6. Must have a car & valid driver’s license