Project Management InternBookmark This
Posted: December 15 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWatchFit has an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking for work experience, to join us on a 6-12 month unpaid placement, as a project manager. The successful candidate will work as part of a vibrant team, gaining invaluable insight and experience in a dynamic management role, reporting to the CEO.
We are on the hunt for a strong communicator with a an eye for detail and a hands on approach, who is confident in what they are doing and what they want to achieve. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly experienced team for a well-backed tech start-up in London, UK.
What we can offer you?
* Work directly with the CEO on ensuring the day-to-day running of the business is smooth.
* Mentorship from credible senior staff with high levels of industry experience in their specified fields..
* Work with a diverse team with associates on board from different countries across Europe.
* For you to develop management skills.
* Understand the fundamentals of running a successful start-up business.
Anybody joining WatchFit and helping out in these areas will be given full support at all times. They will also be encouraged to bring their own skills and ideas which will be developed and allowed to flourish.
If getting placed in the deep-end and having your hands dirty is not a problem for you then…forward your CV and any relevant work that will support your application.
We require a minimum 6 month commitment from all our placement candidates working full-time. Our starting dates are in January & April for those that are interested working with us alongside their studies, and June - September for students/graduates interested in our year long internships.
Responsibilities* Ensure all projects under your responsibility are running smoothly.
* Produce daily/weekly/monthly status reports relating to projects,, and report any important information regarding * projects and their progress to your line manager.
* Plan, Coordinate, Execute and finalise projects efficiently, ensuring you communicate and maintain timelines for their successful delivery.
* Develop and implement strategies in accordance with the overall goals and objectives of the organisation.
* Support your line manager in the distribution of the tasks across the workforce, ensuring the standard of delivered work is high and feedback is given where necessary.
* Work outside your comfort zone and get your hands dirty in the day-to-day tasks of a project in order to ensure milestones and deadlines are met.
Requirements* You have the necessary permissions to work in the UK
* Degree/ Working to a degree in related field i.e. project management, business management or equivalent. In progress to attaining a grade of 2:1. (Not Essential)
* Experience in the field or an extreme passion for the field.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. You are confident enough to ask question when necessary to ensure all relevant information is acquired for your projects to move forward.
* You take initiative in ensuring all your work is complete by given deadlines.
* You are a quick learner and can adapt to your mistakes given constructive criticism.
* Excellent teamwork skills, due to majority of work involving colleagues.