Book Keeper ManagerViscalom Incorporated
Data EntryViscalom Incorporated
Community Outreach InternMaster of Ceremonies: A Male's Guide for a Successful Life
Business Management Marketing Fall Semester Internship College Credit Flexible Hours!SaveASuitUSA
Management For Biotech Start-UpDecodify Me
Retail Management Internship - Fitchburg State University BookstoreBookmark This
160 Pearl Street
Posted: October 13 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFollett's Retail Management Internship Program provides talented, business-minded college students with a hands-on learning experience for the Spring Semester. Throughout the semester, interns have an opportunity to work alongside Follett's bookstore leaders in a world-class retail environment.
Each week, interns focus on a different aspect of store operations while simultaneously participating in activities and projects that contribute to their professional and personal development. Follett's interns are paid hourly, work Part-Time (15-20 hours per week), receive an employee discount on campus store purchases and must complete pre-employment background check process.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- As a member of the store operations team, you will perform a variety of responsibilities that will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to store leadership team while learning all aspects of store management, including course materials management, associate development, loss prevention, shipping and receiving, merchandising, and customer service.
- Offer outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work effectively in a team environment while demonstrating the ability to work independently.
Requirements- Currently enrolled at the College/University with an anticipated graduation between May 2017-May 2018.
- GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above.
- All majors are welcome to apply; business related curriculum is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Strong computer proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with the ability to efficiently learn new technologies.
- Excellent customer service acumen.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Previous retail experience strongly preferred.