Data EntryViscalom Incorporated
Community Outreach InternMaster of Ceremonies: A Male's Guide for a Successful Life
Business Management Marketing Fall Semester Internship College Credit Flexible Hours!SaveASuitUSA
Management For Biotech Start-UpDecodify Me
Project Management SpecialistGrantPA
Business Development / Sales InternEmpire Worldwide Inc
Risk Management InternshipBookmark This
RIMS c/o American Safety Management Inc
Kansas City, MO
Posted: September 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Kansas City Chapter of the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) will again be sponsoring an eight-week paid internship during the summer 2017 for qualified students hosted by some of Kansas City's premier companies.
We match exceptional students with exceptional employers, offering students a rich learning experience through practical application.
Since the program began in 1997, Kansas City RIMS is proud to have sponsored several interns from the Kansas City area at top local companies, such as:
AMC Entertainment, American Century, American Safety, Ameristar Casino, AON, Black & Veatch, Cerner Corporation, Chubb, Crawford/Broadspire,Hallmark, H&R Block, KC Power & Light, Lockton, Marsh, Poole Consulting, Renzenberger, Seaboard, Westar.
Participating schools have included, but are not limited to:
Central Missouri, Oklahoma State, UMKC, Notre Dame, Missouri State, University of Missouri, Park University, Harvard, Kansas State, University of Kansas, William Jewell, Miami of Ohio, Avila University, Rockhurst University, Texas Christian University.
General Program Guidelines :
• Each grant will be $5,000 for an 8-week internship period.
• At the discretion of the RIMS Board, a $1,000 bonus may be offered as a tuition credit upon the student's successful completion of the internship and a recommendation by the host employer.
• The $5,000 grants will be made by KC RIMS directly to the host employer that will then assume the employment relationship and pay the intern through its payroll system.
• The internship committee will review employer and student applications. The committee will first select host employers and then collaborate to match employers with students whose career goals and objectives match the employer's needs.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific Responsibilities will be determined by the host companies.
• Students must complete an application* and submit it with a general resume by December 1, 2016 (applications received after December 1st will be accepted on an as-needed basis.)
• Students selected for an interview will be contacted by mid-December.
• Interviews with prospective employers will be administered over the winter holiday break, December 12 through January 6.
• Offers will be made February 1. Acceptance deadline of March 1.
• All offers not accepted by March 1 will be reevaluated and reassigned until all internship positions are filled.
• Must be a bona-fide undergraduate student during the time of the internship.
• Must have completed 45 credit hours prior to commencing internship.
• Students pursing this opportunity ideally have a concentration in Risk Management and Insurance, Safety Science, Fire Protection, and/or Actuarial Science. Business Administration, Accounting, and/or Finance majors, with an interest in risk management, may also apply. (Evidence of interest might include taking any available insurance and risk-related courses.)
• All applicants must have completed six semester hours toward a major before the beginning of the internship.
• All students must have achieved a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4-point scale.
• Interns are responsible for arranging their own housing during the internship.
*Please visit our website --- http://greaterkansascity.rims.org/events/new-item3 --- to download an application to be submitted with a resume.