SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Management InternBookmark This
New York Minute Magazine
Posted: November 18 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNOTE: this internship is unpaid, but we offer academic credit to all interns. All candidates must be current undergraduate or graduate students.
New York Minute Magazine is a rapidly growing online startup, with a virtual office. At NYMM, we know that life can be busy, so we strive to provide our readers with a daily dose of useful and enjoyable entertainment that can be read in a ‘New York Minute’. Visit our website http://www.newyorkminutemag.com/) to learn more!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Our motto is “Your Story Starts Here”, because we are passionate about helping interns in their road to success. Still a newbie in your field? No problem. We’ll help you get to where you want to go.
- We offer internships year-round, with flexible hours and an upbeat work environment! Our positions are perfect for current students.
- We have a completely virtual office, so you can work from ANYWHERE and there’s no commute!
- We have all of our meetings via video call, so get ready for casual Friday every day, and by casual Friday we mean wearing your pajamas at 4 pm on a Tuesday.
- We are very serious about having fun. No bores allowed! (You better be caught up on your Game of Thrones!)
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and implement new search engine optimization recommendations
- Work collaboratively with the web development, editorial, and marketing teams to ensure SEO best practices are being used
- Check WordPress SEO plugins for correct SEO practices before publication each day
RequirementsABOUT THE POSITION:
Do you consider yourself a SEO expert who could help drive traffic to our website? As an SEO Intern, you will help us with one of the most crucial elements of success: bringing new readers to our doorstep! If the challenge of improving the searchability and overall success of a magazine interests you, then apply now!
****Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered. Send applications to joinnymm@NewYorkMinuteMag.com*****
- Direct experience with SEO, SEM, meta-tags, and analytics
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and other interns
- Familiarity using various SEO tools and programs
- Experience with WordPress preferred