Managing team + events scheduleFV MAGAZINE
Office Manager In Los Angles CaliforniaFidel Films
Entry Level Business Apprenticeship - Paid TrainingProof Management, Inc.
Investment AnalystThe J.M Smucker
Personal AssistantThe J.M Smucker
Business Athlete Management TrainingSignature
Management Training (Paid Internship)Gold Coast Marketing Group
Entry Level Business & Management Internship - Full Time & PaidVanquish Marketing Group, Inc.
South Coast Center -Save The BayBookmark This
Save The Bay, Inc.
South Coast Center, 8 Broad St,
Posted: August 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLocation: South Coast Center, 8 Broad St, Westerly, RI
Dates: This internship is offered year round with a rolling application process
Overview of position: Are you interested in assisting in public outreach events for a nonprofit organization? Are you comfortable speaking to groups and answering questions? Do you want to learn more about nonprofit management? At Save The Bay, we provide interns the opportunity to serve as an assistant to the South County Coast Keeper and the Westerly Office. The South Coast Center intern will assist with events in the Westerly area, administrative duties, aquarium care, public programming, and welcoming visitors. This internship will provide an inside look at what it’s like to work for a non-profit in a variety of capacities.
Save The Bay is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide education to the community about protecting and restoring the ecological health of the Narragansett Bay region.
We offer unpaid internship opportunities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com and fill out the internship application on our volunteer website. For more information on Save The Bay internships, please visit www.savebay.org/volunteer and click on the Internships tab.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn
• How to plan and conduct public outreach events
• Water quality testing on exhibit tanks
• Aquarium tank maintenance
• Administrative task assistance such as; writing, research, data entry and filing
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Reliable transportation
• Must undergo criminal background check
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Work independently on occasion
• A positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
• Comfortable speaking to groups and making contact with the general public on Save The Bay’s behalf
• Proficiency with computers and the internet
• Must be available at least two days a week. Days available are Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays from 10am to 3pm.