- Internships /
- Management /
- Tech Startup that helps online freelancers seeks Project Manager Intern for Social Media Projects
Social Media & Community Management InternPerfect Solutions Marketing & Design
Operations InternHAL Robotics Pvt Ltd
Assistant Lead Editor Internship (Virtual)New York Minute Magazine
Marketing Management, Web Design, Entrepreneurship Internship - UnpaidDobson Healthcare Services, Inc.
Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor InternshipColony Brands
Tech Startup that helps online freelancers seeks Project Manager Intern for Social Media ProjectsBookmark This
Posted: January 06 2015
Company Location: Manhattan, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKrowdByz is a web technology startup working to revolutionize the future of online business interactions, and creating virtual tools for the internet based freelancer community. Our current pre-beta product is a new kind of profile building engine for freelancers that do “micro-jobs” (think Fiverr and Elance), and need a different type of “web resume” to record their digital job histories and convert them into professional resumes. Digital freelancing is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. We are creating tools that allow freelancers to own their job histories, connect to each other, and have the freedom to approach their clients on their own terms. If you are passionate about the new digital economy, helping freelancers, and keeping the internet marketplace open to everyone, come join our team. (You can learn more about the company at www.KrowdByz.com)
Our company works to help online freelancers, so we work and create like online freelancers. We subscribe to the decentralised lean development model, so our Tech and Business departments and associated personnel are spread across multiple cities, countries and time zones. There is no central office - the bulk of our creative process happens in virtual collaborative environments - which allows us greater flexibility in recruiting talent, and working across geographic locations. So this is a virtual internship that can be done from anywhere in the US, or anywhere in the world (and we welcome international applicants).
This is not an internship for people who aren’t independently motivated or are looking for a traditional office workplace (or a way to get a work visa). This program requires participants to be serious about taking initiative, staying in contact, being willing to learn from and take critical feedback from their teammates, as well as be able to work with multiple partners (in locations around the world) within a virtual office space. There will be no fake work, no copies or coffee getting. You will get to work on real projects, work with a team, be creative, get mentorship, learn fast or miss out, and have your skills challenged and improved. And if you earn our respect through your dedication (and not just your skills) - there will be multiple supervisors to provide you with letters of recommendation and serve as a long term reference.
Disclaimer: Participation in the internship, for any amount of time, does not itself guarantee placement in the company. However, given vacancies in our Tech and Business Departments, the needs of the company, and budget availability, interns may be offered full time and part time positions with the company after the internship is completed.
Responsibilities- This program is for business/humanities majors with excellent leadership, logical, creative, communication and problem solving skills. We are looking for individuals who want to be challenged, learn team dynamics, take part in a real project, and have their leadership and managerial skills be tested in a fast paced, international, collaborative environment.
- You will take charge of projects, do research, craft content, and help manage others in designing and launching social media marketing campaigns, brand awareness strategies and work to understand and connect with communities of users (as well as markets outside the US).
- You need to have an affinity for and experience with a wide range of social media, and be ready to take an active part in managing and expanding KrowdByz social presence, crafting content, and research new social media platforms and demographics, as well as be a participant explorer in new online spaces.
- Assist our Design, BizDev, Public Relations and International teams on their social media extensions.
- If you are highly proficient in a language besides English, you can participate in projects with the International Markets Team. You will get to create social media campaigns to globalize our product.
- Make sure to provide some serious examples of your experience with social media. Ex: links to blogs, websites you manage, social media profiles, etc.
RequirementsApplicants must have:
- A comprehensive resume (in PDF form) detailing previous applicable experience (you can also add a cover letter to fill in gaps).
- A knowledge of using Gdocs and social media. (A Gmail or Google account will be required.)
- Your hours will be flexible, but we expect a minimum 10-15 hours a week time commitment to qualify as an “active” week (and you can take breaks when needed for finals, family, travel etc.). The internship is successfully completed after logging in 12-14 active weeks.
- Acceptances are on a rolling basis - you can start at any time and continue for a minimum 12 week commitment. (But if you are having fun and learning you can extend the internship further and reach for more advanced assignments/positions in your field.)
You can speed up the application process by emailing us directly, and sending your PDF resume to email@example.com (remember to start your email’s subject with the skill track you are interested in).