Data EntryViscalom Incorporated
Community Outreach InternMaster of Ceremonies: A Male's Guide for a Successful Life
Business Management Marketing Fall Semester Internship College Credit Flexible Hours!SaveASuitUSA
Management For Biotech Start-UpDecodify Me
Project Management SpecialistGrantPA
Volunteer and Logistics Management InternBookmark This
The Salvation Army National Capital Area
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Posted: August 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the direct supervision of the Volunteer and Special Events Coordinators, the Volunteer and Logistics Management Intern will support the Development Department by assisting with events, logistics, and volunteer recruitment, management, and retention. Strong opportunities to manage your own projects. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 15 hours/week for 3 months.
ResponsibilitiesBelow identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but is not exclusive:
• Promote and manage volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups.
• Plan and coordinate the logistics for multiple holiday events, include the Women's Auxiliary Fashion Show, Christmas Luncheon, Christmas Concert, Angel Tree Ribbon Cutting, Community Volunteer Day, and others.
• Provide day-to-day support to the Special Events Coordinator, specifically managing logistics of registration and vendors in advance and assisting with day-of-event coordination.
• Correspond with sponsors of the Angel Tree Program, a holiday gift program, and answer questions regarding the program.
Requirements• Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably in a related field.
• Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to prepare professional promotional materials.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects.
• Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.
• Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army.