Social Media & Community Management InternPerfect Solutions Marketing & Design
Operations InternHAL Robotics Pvt Ltd
Assistant Lead Editor Internship (Virtual)New York Minute Magazine
Marketing Management, Web Design, Entrepreneurship Internship - UnpaidDobson Healthcare Services, Inc.
Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor InternshipColony Brands
Volunteer ManagerBookmark This
40 Fulton Street, Suite 701
New York, NY
Posted: March 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCareer Gear provides professional clothing, mentoring and life-skills to help men in poverty become stronger contributors to their families and communities. Our goal is to create a world where all men, regardless of their background or circumstances, can become contributing members of society.
Our offices are located in Lower Manhattan across from City Hall and easy access to all subway and bus lines.
We are a small team and provide direct services to over 1,000 men per year. Most of our work is accomplished by interns and volunteers.
Career Gear is looking for a mature and talented individual who can manage a team of volunteers with varying skill sets and functions. We seek a highly skilled, organized and motivated person to assist with delegating tasks and providing oversight to our team of volunteers.
This position will report to the Director of Programs and to Program Manager, as needed.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include:
- Volunteer outreach and interviews, as needed (including building relationships with agencies)
- Delegate administrative, maintenance and client-facing tasks to volunteers
- Conduct monthly volunteer orientation
- Manage volunteers on-site in a variety of capacities
Requirements- Must be available 2-3 days per week (Monday through Thursday), 10 am -3 pm
- Effective and tactful communication skills with staff, volunteers and participants
- Ability to lead, follow and know the difference
- Positive attitude and flexibility (ability wear many hats and multi-task)
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage volunteers with varying skill sets and functions
- Interested in learning about the basic functions of a non-profit organization
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Four-year college degree preferred