Sales / Business Development InternshipVenwise
Xerox | Copy Solutions, Inc. Data Analyst/Data Scientist InternshipXerox, Copy Solutions Inc
Brand AmbassadorNuMainstream Marketing and Publishing
Grant Writing InternTemple of Grace Faith Center
Waddell Marketing/Business InternLowell Observatory
Leadership, Management, and Public Speaking OpportunitiesDavid Management Group
Business Development Intern at a Social Impact StartupVisit.org
Account Marketing Executive | Entry LevelELM Global
Creative Strategy and Research InternBookmark This
Posted: December 20 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
NeoTress (www.neotress.com) is a monthly subscription that offers the do-it-yourself hairstylist everything she needs to change her hairstyle each month. Gone are the days of researching hairstyle tutorial videos then starting a mad-hunt for the supplies you need to complete the look. Each month, the NeoTress subscriber will receive a package that includes a pre-selected hairstyle (customized to her hair color, texture, and length) with the products, tools, and even the hair extensions. NeoTress is for the woman who loves to change her hair often. It's for the woman who gets a thrill from having braids one month, a weave, and then maybe a wig. It's even for the woman who just wants to learn more about her hair. NeoTress offers an affordable, stress-free and easy way to explore new hairstyles on a monthly basis with all of the essentials delivered right to your front door.
Our vision is to be the leading subscription service and platform for DIY black and afro-latina hair education.
Job Title: Intern, Creative Strategy (Unpaid)
Currently, NeoTress is in a pre-launch phase. The CEO has launch the landing page of the website. Systems are being put in place to make NeoTress a huge success. As a Creative Strategy Intern, you will be contributing from day one. You’ll join the NeoTress team to revamp the way African-American and Afro-Latina women learn how to tame their tresses. You’ll be planning what pre-selected hairstyles are going in the monthly NeoTress box, strategizing what products should be included to complete the look, creating partnerships with hair product lines, and establishing relationships with beauty Vloggers and Bloggers. Your love for hair care and hair versatility must shine. We can’t have it any other way. It’s a fantastic position and you’ll great hands-on experience.
• Research hairstyle trends that will be used as inspiration for monthly NeoTress box
• Brainstorm potential styles to be featured in the monthly NeoTress box and create a list of necessary items to complete and maintain the hairstyle
• Assist in establishing relationships with hair product brands
• Assist in sourcing contact information of beauty Vloggers and Bloggers related to NeoTress goals
• Assist in conducting and analyzing market research
• Participate in weekly video chat meetings with NeoTress team
• Truly believe in the NeoTress dream
• Have knowledge about black haircare and styling (or be willing to figure it out)
• Ready to work hard to make a start-up succeed
• Attention to detail and flexibility
• Must have access to a computer, internet access, and personal cell phone.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Market Research, Google Apps
Preferred - Beauty Industry