AEG Sales & Marketing InternBookmark This
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAnschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and Home Depot Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
ResponsibilitiesThe AEG Sales Internship provides qualified college students the opportunity to gain access and insight into the highly competitive world of professional sports and entertainment, while assisting the sales and marketing departments in a variety of ways. Each AEG Sales Intern will build valuable career experience as they assist the department in its efforts to market and sell tickets to a variety of events, from the LA Kings and other professional sports teams, to concerts, special events, family shows and more.
Qualified individuals MUST be current college students and must be able to receive college credit for this internship. This is a non-paid position. Hours will vary depending upon school schedule and availability.
Essential Job Functions: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Support Sales staff in a variety of ways
• Assist with Game day events & operations
• Perform general research
• Create and assist with execution of group theme nights for various sporting events
• Assist with marketing initiatives
• Run Reports (sales, call volume, etc.)
• Proficiency in the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook
• Complete semester or term projects to be determined by various department managers
Non-essential Job Functions: In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by Supervisor.
• Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work 20 hours a week, including some evenings and weekends
• Receive college credit for this internship