Business Development / Sales InternBookmark This
SANTA BANNON / FIne Art
25 W 3rd St. Suite 93 ArtsQuest Banana Factory-1st floor
DescriptionSanta Bannon / Fine Art is both a fine art gallery and art consulting firm. Our gallery primarily features the work of world renowned Pennsylvania fine art photographers, ArtsQuest’s high-end glass artists and rotating exhibits in many media. We offer consulting in all the visual arts; from photography, art glass, new media, and installation to sculpture, painting and collage. SB/FA clients include individuals, family and corporate collectors, museum curators, as well as interior design and architecture professionals.
Santa Bannon, principal of SB/FA, regularly attends the most important art fairs in the world such as Art Basel, Art Miami, Paris Photo, Photo LA, AIPAD, Scope, among others, to keep abreast of current art trends as well as availability in the “blue chip” art market.
Santa Bannon also attends artists’ opening/closing exhibitions locally, in New York and Philadelphia researching established and emerging artists and connecting with them for collaborations or commission of new work.
We judiciously view fine art and review artists both regionally and internationally to bring our clients work with staying power. We attend and buy at the major auction houses and can research any vintage or contemporary work our clients may have interest in. Should we be unable to procure that certain piece, we can certainly facilitate an introduction.
We assist erudite collectors find appropriate pieces in most media to expand existing collections as well as welcome the novice collector find their way in starting a collection or to simply purchase something they love.
SB/FA is located in the heart of the thriving arts community at ArtsQuest Banana Factory. Our chic 1200 square foot, multi-level space is a Euro-industrial salon style gallery and is the only space of its kind in the region.
Ms. Bannon is dedicated to giving back to the arts and the “non-arts” community. She has been a committee member of the Olympus InVision Photo Festival, a member of the Friends of Alfred Stieglitz Center at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, as well as a member of SOTA (the Society of the Arts of the Allentown Art Museum). She has been a board member and former president of the League of Women Voters of Northampton County for over ten years and has networking connections worldwide.
Responsibilities-Opening and / or closing gallery
-Selling artwork. Intern will earn commission on art sales based on percentage of price.
-Handling valuable artwork
-Assist hosting first friday receptions
-Photographing or videotaping events and upload to social media pages
- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape
- Managing and following up on digital marketing campaigns
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
Requirements-Only apply if you are currently living in PA or NJ OR are a student in PA or NJ!
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word or Apple Pages
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Pursuing a Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent education or a Recent Graduate
-Minimum 180 total hours commitment divided between 3 to 4 months.
- Utilize strong written skills, attention to detail including spelling, and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Assist in gallery operations such as hanging artwork, layout of art check lists and labels
- Be available one week day (10:30a-5p) and one weekend (10:30a-5p) and one First Friday of the month, 4p-9:30p.