Communications & Branding InternBookmark This
JG Black Book
594 Broadway, Suite 1001
New York, NY
DescriptionABOUT OUR COMPANY
JG Black Book gives destinations a voice. Our firm specializes in helping independent travel companies and destinations gain traction against larger, more well-known competitors, offering a one-stop resource for gaining exposure, building networks and increasing sales.
Recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing consulting firms for the past four years, we offer an integrated portfolio of sales, marketing, public relations and branding services to clients in the travel and travel lifestyle sectors. Our team of industry veterans, unique service model, and powerful connections have built JG Black Book’s reputation as a trusted advisor for over 125 of the world’s most celebrated travel brands including Singita, Micato Safaris, Baglioni Hotels, and the country of Belize.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for someone creative, proactive and passionate about travel to provide support to our Communications & Branding team. You’ll work closely within the department on various initiatives and assignments, including copywriting, editing, social networking, creating email blasts and assisting with other design work including promotional materials for our clients. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain broad and substantive marketing experience in a fun, supportive work environment.
• Strong communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills.
• Proactive, polished and professional demeanor
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Able to work in our Manhattan office this Fall a minimum of 3 full days per week; 5 days preferred
• Some experience using social networking in a professional setting
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/InDesign and/or HTML a major plus
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your resume and a brief cover letter showing us how passionate you are for travel and why you would make a good addition to our team.
RequirementsESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain knowledge of JG Black Book brand and client’s services and features.
• Assist Communications & Branding team in the writing, editing, and proofreading of copy as well as help in the design work for client communications, email blasts, website copy, ads, and other marketing materials.
• Work with Communications & Branding team to write, design and send regular email blasts.
• Handle updates to our website
• Help with social networking efforts including writing blog posts, doing research for Tweets and other communications, keeping Facebook page up-to-date with engaging postings, regularly adding to Pinterest, and exploring opportunities on emerging platforms.