Communications & Marketing InternBookmark This
Special Olympics Santa Barbara
423 W. Victoria St.
Santa Barbara, CA
DescriptionSpecial Olympics Santa Barbara is a volunteer based organization helping us provide sports training and competition in 11 Olympic-type sports for 425 children, teens and adults with intellectual disabilities.
We are seeking a Communications & Marketing Intern Volunteer to provide special event, advertising, and program support. Duties will include helping implement annual marketing plan, strengthening constituent outreach, assisting with fundraising event preparation and supplementing administrative tasks.
This is a great opportunity to get involved and give back to the community. You will also be helping to improve the lives of children, teenagers, and adults with intellectual disabilities. If interested, please submit your resume, weekly availability and any additional documents to Special Events and Volunteer Manager, Michelle Duke firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResponsibilitiesSpecial Event support:
- Manage pre-event organization and assist with events day-of
- Prepare materials for committee meetings
- Organize and edit sponsor information
- Manage participant registration
- Design promotional materials including event flyers, sponsor banners, fundraising materials, merchandise, etc.
- Prepare news articles, press releases and radio spots
- Data entry and administrative tasks