Communications and Marketing InternBookmark This
2001 S St. NW Suite 510
DescriptionThe Communications Intern will assist GoodWeave staff in implementing its new national consumer awareness campaign, One in a Million. The goal of the campaign is to increase the market share of GoodWeave certified rugs to 15%, estimated to be the tipping point needed to eliminate illegal child labor in the carpet industries of South Asia.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific tasks will include:
- Researching industry and media contacts and updating database with contact information
- Enhancing GoodWeave’s online profile through use of blogs, social networking and other strategies
- Supporting with logistics for campaign events
- Assisting Communications Director and staff with administrative tasks as assigned
- Other special projects to be assigned according to skills and interests of intern
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with web content management systems and basic HTML
- Familiarity with Web 2.0 communications tools
- Experience with databases, video editing software and/or general web development a plus
Completion or enrollment in Communications/Journalism undergraduate or graduate level program a plus.
Candidate should thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. GoodWeave’s nonprofit-business hybrid model requires business-oriented staff, committed to changing the way business is being done.