Promotional Marketing & Sales – Paid Training – Entry LevelKC Event Marketing, Inc.
Food/Fashion Lovers Welcome: Assistant to Founder of Exciting New StartupSALT HOUSE
Marketing Executive - HNI AdvisoryArt Elements
Fashion Marketing/ PR/ Social Media InternCrazy Hot Clothes Corp.
Community Outreach CoordinatorBookmark This
923 Alta St.
DescriptionFoodShed Productions is offering a practicum or intern position with a focus on Community Outreach. Our goal is to increase the exposure residents of Longmont have to our services through activity of organic food production. With help from the co-founders, a social entrepreneur and graphic designer, each with 3 years of organic CSA and market farm experience for produce and livestock, the selected candidate will work to promote the growth of healthy organic food as a household alternative to buying conventional or organic produce.
This position is focused on communities in Longmont, CO. through tabling at the Longmont Farmers Market, participating in FoodShed Productions service project The Boulder County Crop Mob, youth training at the local community gardens, and canvassing in Longmont helping FoodShed Productions establish and achieve its core social mission.
In addition to developing FoodShed Productions’ community you will have the opportunity to learn the knowledge and skills to be a successful organic producer during the season, all the while, reaping what you sow!
As FoodShed Productions’ Community Outreach Coordinator, it will be your goal to establish our services and programs as an affordable option to a community without prior access to organic food. This position will require and develop good organizational traits and initiative, as there are many venues and audiences to whom FoodShed Productions believes it has a service to offer. As a social enterprise entering its second year of operation, FoodShed Productions’ is developing its core programs upon which future service and organizational development will hinge. For this reason, your position and work will leave a lasting impression!
ResponsibilitiesThis Winter and early Spring We will be working on getting the word out.
A typical day this winter may include:
- Drafting advertising content for social marketing with August, generating ideas/inspiration for graphic presentation with Marion (Graphic Designer), Revision/additions/redactions and finalize for test print.
- R&D proposals for Non-profit organizations that can act as a non-profit umbrella for FoodShed Productions low-income services, develop presentation of proposal
- Briefing at 923 Alta, 2hrs Canvassing the City of Longmont with/out August for 25+ SNAP or Non-SNAP clients, 2 hrs canvassing, debrief
- Promote volunteer opportunities through FoodShed Productions’ Youth in Community Development Program to maintain the gardens belonging to low-income clients and organize/coordinate training workshops for volunteers from Boulder Prep H.S. and other local High Schools for the season, attend winter Advisory Council meeting over dinner
- Approach current residents with gardens to explore the possibility of hosting a workshop for their friends & neighbors.
- Develop and deliver a pitch for local community centers, such as: churches, temples, library to consider food production as a viable solution to sound economic stability and family health in our community.
RequirementsA candidate for this position would be self-motivated and at times directed, employing strong organizational skills to achieve the objectives set for them.
Positive experiences sought include: community organizing, canvassing, public speaking, computer proficiency, coalition building experience, enjoys being outdoors, has no fear of a little perspiration and maintains a positive attitude!