Marketing and Community Outreach InternBookmark This
AGE of Central Texas
3710 Cedar Street
DescriptionAGE of Central Texas offers unpaid internships to current students or recent graduates interested in learning the administration and management of a nonprofit organization. Interns will have hands-on training and mentoring and gain valuable work experience.
The Marketing and Community Outreach Intern assists the development and outreach staff’s efforts to expand the organization’s visibility in the community.
• Selected by the Director of Development and Outreach, and responsible to the Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator.
AGE of Central Texas is a regional nonprofit organization that provides education and support to people all along the spectrum of growing older, no matter where they are on that journey. Each year, AGE serves over 3,000 older adults and caregivers through its primary interrelated programs:
• adult day health care
• caregiver education and resources
• early memory loss support
• health equipment lending
• and peer-based computer classes for seniors.
ResponsibilitiesThe Intern will promote the agency’s services and programs to potential clients, donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders. The Intern will attend community events and fairs and make presentations to groups, churches, volunteer organizations, and others. The Intern will also maintain detailed records of the marketing and outreach activities performed and the contacts made.
HOURS: flexible schedule, 12-15 hours/week including occasional evenings and weekends
• Strong public presentation and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies a plus.
• Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems, copiers, and facsimile machines.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to bend, lift, squat, and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Characteristics Helpful to the Job:
• Customer service oriented
• Motivated and enthusiastic
• Detail-oriented and organized