Consumer Marketing Intern *** PLEASE APPLY TO WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS ***Bookmark This
American Student Assistance
100 Cambridge Street
DescriptionAmerican Student Assistance® (ASA) is seeking an energetic, undergraduate intern to join our Marketing team. The intern will gain valuable, hands-on experience in brand management and product development of SALTTM, a membership program that was created to help students take charge of their finances during college and beyond. Our interns attend staff meetings, and contribute to marketing, social media and product development strategy, as well as work and meet with fellow interns for skill development projects and events throughout the program. This is a paid internship and candidate needs to be able to work 10-25 hours per week throughout the semester.
• Undergraduate Junior or Senior
• Minimum GPA 3.0
• Communications/Marketing major preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Highly proficient with Facebook, Twitter, and comparable social networks.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
• Ability to attend weekend and evening events.
• Energetic personality and a willingness to learn new things.
• Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Familiarity with saltmoney.org, blog.saltmoney.org and asa.org preferred.
• Passion about higher education or non-profit marketing is always a plus!
RequirementsESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (e.g., in order to be considered to perform this position, the person must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities listed below):
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the implementation of ASA®’s redefined brand strategy, including internal and external brand initiatives.
• Participating in the design and implementation of social media strategies, including monitoring the social media space and identifying opportunities to increase our reach with our target population.
• Providing ideas and strategies for building relationships with our target population.
• Brainstorming new ideas and contributing personal feedback to the product development process.
• Reviewing marketing content and strategy and providing feedback from an end-user point of view.
• Additional projects and tasks that arise in an entrepreneurial environment.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participation in ASA’s skill development programs for interns.
• Provide an end user point of view, opinions and feedback on Marketing and Product Development initiatives in a constructive manner.