Finance or Marketing InternTransamerica Financial Advisors
Marketing Internship with a Wall Street Journal Top-Ranked Real Estate TeamDouglas Elliman
College Campus Representative (Nationwide)tBubble, Inc.
Marketing InternshipFearless Media
Marketing & Branding Intern - Fashion and Lifestyle Consulting FirmInternshipGurus
Creative MarketingBookmark This
West 70 and CPW
myPlanit is a platform that collects and connects data across place and time – past, present and future. Estimated launch date is Fall 2012.
You are inspired, creative, communicative, responsible and responsive. You have a passion for technology, social media and design. Ideally, you are part social media marketer and part designer. You have design skills, are fluent with Photoshop, a natural at coming up with content/marketing ideas, and translate ideas into design execution. You excel at writing, are actively engaged in social media, understand the nuances of various platforms, and aren’t afraid to dig for answers you don’t already have. You will be working in a “whatever it takes” environment and joining an exceptional team that includes top-notch, experienced people in technology, product, design and marketing. myPlanit is seed-funded, and we are results-driven, energetic, innovative, fun and aim to delight our team – and users—in every way possible.
The Position and The Payoff
With our mobile application on the verge of being launched, we’re getting ready to hit the ground running, and we are looking for a highly-motivated, passionate young creative designer/writer with a desire to work on the ground floor of a startup. We are seeking a brilliant, entrepreneurial and passionate intern who loves digital and technology, with great ideas and mad writing skills to help spread the word about myPlanit, acquire users and keep us informed about our hot industry.
This is an unpaid part-time (10-20 hours/week) or full time position, but we will provide a monthly MetroCard for full-time. We can work with you to receive college credit for your internship. We want someone who can come to our workspaces periodically (and we're totally flexible with school schedules).
What you'll get out of it:
• Incredibly valuable training and resume boosting experience and positive references post-internship for good candidates.
• Constant contact with the CEO and other high level team members.
• Inclusion in most internal meetings and decision-making opportunities.
• The potential for a part- or full-time job.
• The chance to be at the start of something huge. We’re launching the first step on a path to massive opportunities, and we want to see all of our team succeed in their dreams along the way.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: You will be directly involved with the social media, knowledge-gathering and marketing efforts of myPlanit.
• Engaging with and monitoring the myPlanit community across all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, LinkedIn and industry-specific blogs.
• Developing and executing awesome ideas for press materials, business communications, website copy, and site content.
• Monitoring social media, industry category blogs and newsfeeds. Researching vendors, competitors, and our market, amongst other things. Compiling relevant and timely information into media reports.
• Researching and recommending new communities and platforms where we should be active.
• Interacting with users, from running our email marketing campaigns to handling user inquiries.
• Assisting in the development and management of our marketing events calendar.
• Assisting with other random awesome situations where creativity and greatness are in high demand (we promise it isn't getting coffee.)
RequirementsQualifications: What we're looking for in an intern
• An undying passion for digital and social media; really, passion is everything. Someone willing to go above and beyond to help us change the way the world does computing.
• Must be an avid Twitter and Facebook user.
• Extraordinary writing, editing, and communication skills that demonstrate creativity and personality. A keen ability for researching and identifying excellent content.
• A motivated go-getter, with a proven ability to work independently and efficiently. Highly responsible with a strong work ethic.
• Appreciation of the startup environment, including its all-hands-on-deck nature. Our company is still small, so our intern needs to have a flexible attitude and an interest in gaining experience in many areas of the business. Creative resourcefulness to find ways to do whatever is needed.
• Fluency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Bonus points for skills in photo or video editing.
• Currently enrolled in or just graduated from a university or college.