Currencies Direct InternBookmark This
4700 Millenia Blvd, Suite 175
DescriptionCurrencies Direct, Inc. is currently seeking an intern pursuing a degree in the field(s) of International Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications, Finance, or related. Throughout the course of the internship, the student will receive exposure to international business and marketing. He/She will become fully versed and receive comprehensive training in every aspect of the foreign currency exchange business including but not limited to market movements, customer process, and sales techniques.
Interns will have the opportunity to
- Work within a large international business
- Experience international interaction and features of money markets
- Develop and put marketing skills into practice
- Learn how to manage a client journey
- Understand requirements of compliance
- Creatively develop new revenue streams
- Receive training on cloud-based CRM system
About Currencies Direct
Currencies Direct is one of Europe's oldest and leading non-bank providers of foreign exchange and international payments services to private and corporate clients. With a level 1 credit rating on Dun & Bradstreet and recognized as a leading and trusted foreign exchange payment specialist. Established in 1996 and headquartered in the City of London with locations globally, Currencies Direct is part of the Azibo Group, a privately owned investment company. We’ve worked with more than 150,000 customers around the world, making more than 250,000 overseas money transfers last year, transacting over £2.5 billion ($4bn) in currency payments, in over 100 currencies. If you want to transfer money overseas, let us help to guide you through the tough decisions. For private clients, we're here to make money transfer abroad simple – that means offering a helpful service and getting clients a great deal. For corporate clients and e-tailers, we help businesses make more profit by managing their foreign exchange. At Currencies Direct, we have the experience and expertise to help control risks, fuel growth, and protect the future. We offer many different types of products, and transfers can be made by either calling one of our dedicated experts or via our online payment platform. Let’s talk currency.
To apply, please provide:
1. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Email introduction with attached resume and cover letter
3. Work sample recommended but not required
Applications are due two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. Candidates will be contacted for participation in an interview either in person, or by conference call or Skype.
For more information or questions, please contact:
(407) 900 – 2174
The CD intern will mainly work on: marketing communication, presentation creation, research development, social media management, and exhibition coordination. Under the supervision of the Head of USA and other staff members, the intern will be responsible for:
- Shadowing business development team in presentations, business meetings, and seminars.
- Attending networking events in conjunction either with a staff member or on behalf of CD where they will have the opportunity to make connections with various relevant professionals.
- Working with staff on trade shows and conferences. This will include set up and break down of exhibit booth and representation of CD by pitching and answering any questions from individuals at the session.
- Designing strategic marketing materials and creative campaigns to be distributed to client and partners.
- Contributing to social media and generating content for all social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and Blog.
- Investigating exchange rates and fees of banks and competitors for cost comparisons.
- Participating in sales meetings and learning about sales tactics and goal implementation.
- Researching and writing on topics of interest to the business; this will include all data that the Head of USA deems pertinent.
- Coordinating office functions, with some database management.
Ideal students must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations, be well organized with attention to detail and able to carry out tasks independently, and maintain a positive, professional demeanor and always dress appropriately.
- Currently pursuing a degree in International Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications, Finance, or related field
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Prezi preferred, but not required
Requirements need to be met in order to apply for an internship. Internship will only provide for travel and expenses; a small stipend may be offered at the end of a successful completion of the internship. Applicants must:
- Understand job description and requirements
- Reside in the Central Florida area during the entirety of the internship
- Be a Junior, Senior or above enrolled at a university (60+ credit hours completed)
- Be applying for the internship through an internship program and receiving credit
- Be available for an average of 15 hours per week, days and times are flexible, but must be within the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday