Design and Photography InternBookmark This
Lone Star Film Society
1907 Windsor Place
Fort Worth, TX
Posted: 542 days ago
DescriptionThe Lone Star Film Society is currently seeking interns to assist with its marketing department. The Lone Star Film Society (LSFS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that exists to cultivate an appreciation and understanding of the moving image as an art form while showcasing the City of Fort Worth to the world. The Society accomplishes this mission through year-round presentation, education and community collaboration. This includes an annual film festival that is the leading event of its kind in North Texas.
The marketing department is directly responsible for generating awareness of the LSFS and all of its programs and activities, including the Lone Star Film Festival in Sundance Square. In 2014, the LSFS expanded its year-round programming through the umbrella film program ArthouseFW, further establishing the film society as one of the foremost institutions for the promotion of cinema in North Texas. As a marketing intern, accepted applicants will have the opportunity to work on a creative and intimate level to help further increase the status and position of the LSFS in North Texas as a leader in the arts.
In 2014, MovieMaker Magazine included the LSFF in its coveted annual list “50 Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” for the second year in a row. MovieMaker selected the LSFF from a pool of over 5,000 festivals worldwide. In its coverage of the 2013 LSFF, The New York Times wrote, “The Lone Star Film Festival shines brightly.” Carrying with it the same careful attention to programming, ArthouseFW is designed to build on the film society’s commitment to cultivate film education and culture in North Texas.
All interns in the marketing department report directly to the Marketing and Membership Director, who oversees the department. In addition, all interns must work together on projects that span the entire marketing department. Applicants, therefore, must be motivated, hard working and reliable. Positions are non-paying, but the experience of helping to further develop a cutting-edge arts non-profit and promote cinema in the cultural community of North Texas is invaluable for anyone seeking to prepare for a professional career. If accepted, applicants will work hand in hand with first class professionals in their field, helping further establish the success of LSFS programming.
ResponsibilitiesThe LSFS design and photography intern is responsible for establishing and representing the film society’s “visual voice” and brand through professional-level graphic design. Responsibilities include the following:
• Consistently design various digital content for LSFS and Lone Star Film Festival (LSFF) marketing outlets, such as banners for the organization’s Websites, social media and media partners.
• Establish the LSFS editorial voice in a visual manner while producing professional, appealing and modern design.
• Help design print collateral, such as screening flyers and brochures for various year-round programming, including the LSFF.
• Photograph all LSFS events, maintaining an up-to-date and edited catalogue of pictures for use in LSFS marketing, publicity and design.
Requirements• Applicants must be motivated, hard working and reliable. In addition, they must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Those who apply must have strong design skills, with an established portfolio of samples.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is required.
• Applicants should have experience with event photography and a working knowledge of photo manipulation and editing.
• An established record of high academic achievement is preferred.