DetermiNation Sports Marketing Events InternshipBookmark This
American Cancer Society
5731 W. Slauson Ave #200
Culver City, CA
DescriptionThe American Cancer Society DetermiNation Program is first and foremost a fundraising program. It is set up to help individuals do the unthinkable, achieve what seems impossible, and change the course of cancer forever. With access to professional training, an unparalleled community of support, and inspiration every step of the way, the American Cancer Society will helps runners finish a half-marathon, marathon, or triathlon. Their personal race victory will change their life, but the finish line will be just the beginning. Because their triumph also means a triumph over cancer - where every step you take and every mile you conquer will create a world with less cancer and more birthdays.
The American Cancer Society DetermiNation program began in Chicago in 1996. The program expanded nationwide in 2007, and now includes a variety of races across the country and is continuing to grow.
Interest in Sports Mgt/Mkt, General Marketing/Bus. Mgt, or Communications/PR and preferably some experience in Marketing/Sales, Promotions, or a sports background.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, Power Point
• Ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communications
• Team Player
• Travel is required during weeknights and weekends
*This is a 3 month internship that will run through the end of August 2012. This is an unpaid internship. School credit will be given to all interns. This is the second season this internship has been available and going forth it will be available twice a year starting in January and in July.
*Position located in Los Angeles area and also in Orange County, CA
If interested please send Resume and Cover Letter to Reed Pellett (Los Angeles/Orange County Event Manager)
Reed.firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 310-922-9132
Responsible for partnering with Event Manager on the implementation of certain elements of campaigns or projects for The American Cancer Society. The Sports Marketing Events Intern is responsible for assisting in the marketing; fundraising and logistics to guarantee success of the DetermiNation program.
• Coordinate and execute elements of promotional and marketing activities that recruit participants for DetermiNation
• Attending public presentations to inform and recruit participants to join DetermiNation
• Provide support for volunteers required for implementation of assigned campaigns
• Coordinate and implement public awareness of ACS and our mission
• Implement tactics designed to drive up participation, increase fundraising and retain participants