Digital Media Marketing Internship: (Strategist)Bookmark This
7083 Hollywood Blvd
Posted: 315 days ago
DescriptionThe Digital Marketing Strategy intern is a member of our R&D team. Not only will you learn the ins/outs of Digital Marketing at the most cutting edge level - you will be part of the team that demystifies the Google Algorithm and helps to establish the true metrics that will influence Search Results over the next 18 months.
As you may know - the Google Algorithm changes several times a day (800x a year). When a company is faced with decisions on spending money on online brand campaigns, online advertisements, Social Media Marketing, Website development, Public Relations, and Brand Anchoring Google matters more than anything else in this country.
As an R&D intern, you will be trained to be a liaison with clients, public relations agencies and media outlets for the company to help determine the factors that will enforce brand and SEO guidelines in marketing publications, and will be creating reports that measure the success of various programs.
Forrester's Interactive Marketing Forecast for 2011-2016 predicts that 26 percent of all advertising spend will come from interactive marketing reaching a grand total of $77 billion by 2016, with $33 billion of that coming through search.
Although the report states that search will lose some share from 55 percent today to 44 percent of all interactive spend in 2016, it also states that “Marketers refocus their search marketing strategies on 'getting found' by users through any medium — not just search engines” making non-advertising strategy the goal.
Search Engine Studio is the premier SEO marketing consultancy, specializing in search engine/experience optimization and integrated marketing, applying a proprietary and proven methodology to enable connections between your company and your consumers; We do this by first letting the internet know that you exist, and then training the search engines to present your firm’s product/services to your target audience/consumers.
ResponsibilitiesSuperior oral, writing and presentation skills are essential. The intern will need to work efficiently with several departments, including product management, sales, design services, event planning, client services and corporate communications. In addition to building relationships with internal stakeholders, the position requires excellent creative writing, project management, team-building, budgeting and leadership skills.?? You must know and be comfortable using MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, and have a knack for doing online research. We will teach you all the buzzwords and software to used in SEO as well as provide you with an understanding of the bleeding edge of one of the fastest growing industries. You should have a strong understanding of Social Media, Smart Phones, and a good idea why Search Engine Optimization is important for businesses.
We recently launched our Google Partnership initiative and as part of this internship you will become Google Adword Certified. This is about 100 hours of training (and it isn’t easy).
Once you are Google Adword Certified, you will have the opportunity to sell Google Adword Management. We pay approximately $150 per account to sales staff and part of your time could be focused on this. It is not unreasonable to be able to close 2-3 accounts a week, so if you are successful, this could provide in upwards of $2-3,000 during the course of your internship. However the position itself is unpaid.
• BS Degree in Communications, New Media, Journalism, Marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
• Highly analytical thinker (any creative/conceptual thinking traits are a plus) 1-4 years professional advertising, interactive or multimedia experience
• Digital Agency, Social Media Agency or Client side experience within same sphere
• Some knowledge of HTML and Wordpress helpful
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to juggle assignments and tight deadlines
• Ability to learn new technologies and embrace evolving "best practices."
• Broad-based knowledge of internet design best practices.
• Have an interest in social and cultural trends and stay up to speed on emerging digital technologies
• Must have experience with Mashable.com, SearchEngineJournal.com and other sites for research on social media, ppc, seo.
• Must know about blogging and also how to find the right bloggers for social media needs
• Project Management skills needed
• Know how to conduct internet research to find blogs, forums, discussion groups and online communities for each social media need.
• Must have negotiating skills - arguing for fun is okay - but setting up an argument on paper is impressive!
• Understanding of SEO principles is a plus.