Marketing Intern for Short Film Production ProjectJ. Burrage Productions, LLC
Incredible opportunity to learn Internet Marketing from a 13 Year expert marketer.Fresco Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternMustang Online Business Management
Editing/Marketing InternshipBookmark This
560 Herndon Parkway, Suite 120
DescriptionEditing/marketing intern for small publishing company (United States)
We're a small self-publishing company located in Herndon, Virginia, and currently in the market for a college student who is interested in the publishing process. If you want to have an active role in a company, then look no further! This internship is unpaid but we're willing to provide internship credit and a traveling stipend.
What you will be doing:
- editing manuscripts (these range from short children's stories (500-1500 words) to chapter books (45,000+ words) and creating short summaries when necessary
- reviewing book proofs
- creating promotional materials for marketing
- assisting in registering books with retailers (Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, Amazon, etc.)
- maintaining social media sites
- sending out inquiries to blogs to review published books
- assisting wherever needed in the office
If there's anything you're interested in learning, we're open to your ideas! We want to give you an opportunity to make an impact and try new things in a casual but fast-paced environment.
- current college student, preferably studying English and/or Creative Writing. You must have a strong grasp of the English language since you will be editing and, at times, writing manuscripts
- attention to detail
- proactive attitude
- knowledge of InDesign or Photoshop is a plus
Please respond with your resume and a cover letter.
Ideally, the intern would start ASAP. Hours are flexible, but we do require the intern be on site for most of them.