^^^START NEXT WEEK^^^- Marketing & Promotions (Social Media & Office Internship)Next Level Publishing
Marketing Intern - Fitness & Wellness StartupFlyte Fitness
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Ideate Vision
Graphic Design internshipIdeate Vision
Summer Marketing InternSafeSoft Solutions
Summer Marketing/Business Development InternSafeSoft Solutions
Summer Marketing?Business Development AssociateSafeSoft Solutions
Summer Marketing AssociateSafeSoft Solutions
Editorial InternBookmark This
Lone Star Film Society
1907 Windsor Place
Fort Worth, TX
Posted: June 04 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Lone Star Film Society is currently seeking interns to assist with its marketing department. The Lone Star Film Society (LSFS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that exists to cultivate an appreciation and understanding of the moving image as an art form while showcasing the City of Fort Worth to the world. The Society accomplishes this mission through year-round presentation, education and community collaboration. This includes an annual film festival that is the leading event of its kind in North Texas.
The marketing department is directly responsible for generating awareness of the LSFS and all of its programs and activities, including the Lone Star Film Festival in Sundance Square. In 2014, the LSFS expanded its year-round programming through the umbrella film program ArthouseFW, further establishing the film society as one of the foremost institutions for the promotion of cinema in North Texas. As a marketing intern, accepted applicants will have the opportunity to work on a creative and intimate level to help further increase the status and position of the LSFS in North Texas as a leader in the arts.
In 2014, MovieMaker Magazine included the LSFF in its coveted annual list “50 Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” for the second year in a row. MovieMaker selected the LSFF from a pool of over 5,000 festivals worldwide. In its coverage of the 2013 LSFF, The New York Times wrote, “The Lone Star Film Festival shines brightly.” Carrying with it the same careful attention to programming, ArthouseFW is designed to build on the film society’s commitment to cultivate film education and culture in North Texas.
All interns in the marketing department report directly to the Marketing and Membership Director, who oversees the department. In addition, all interns must work together on projects that span the entire marketing department. Applicants, therefore, must be motivated, hard working and reliable. Positions are non-paying, but the experience of helping to further develop a cutting-edge arts non-profit and promote cinema in the cultural community of North Texas is invaluable for anyone seeking to prepare for a professional career. If accepted, applicants will work hand in hand with first class professionals in their field, helping further establish the success of LSFS programming.
ResponsibilitiesThe LSFS editorial intern is responsible for managing the LSFS editorial voice and increasing the organization’s SEO by writing weekly blog posts for the LSFS and LSFF Websites, writing content for various editorial pieces designed for publication in such outlets as the Fort Worth Weekly and Star-Telegram, and launching a new quarterly publication on industry trends for electronic distribution. Responsibilities include the following:
• Write three blogs a week for the LSFS Website that reflect the organization’s editorial voice, establish the LSFS as an industry thought leader and highlight LSFS year-round programming.
• Manage multiple freelance writers for the LSFS, editing their work to help increase clarity, interest and conformity with the organization’s identity.
• Plan and maintain a set schedule for all published content.
• Help write in-depth articles for the launch of a new quarterly publication on industry trends designed for electronic publication as a way to establish and maintain the organization’s status as a thought leader in the independent film industry.
• Work with the LSFS design intern to organize and edit content for the new quarterly publication.
• Help write in-depth editorial pieces designed for print publication as a way to increase and maintain a community presence in such outlets as the Fort Worth Weekly and Star-Telegram.
• On occasion, interview individuals inside and outside of the film society to supplement editorial pieces intended for print publication.
• Work with the programming department to help write content for year-round programming brochures and the LSFF program guide.
Requirements• Applicants must be motivated, hard working and reliable. In addition, they must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Those who apply should have established writing skills with strong writing samples in their portfolio.
• Applicants should have an established record of high academic achievement and possess an interest in film culture and cinema history.
• A working knowledge of basic SEO best practices and Wordpress is preferred.