Email Marketing Expert InternBookmark This
Asante Africa Foundation
337 17th St. Suite 217
DescriptionAsante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.org
We are seeking a talented and driven email marketer to lead a growing email marketing program. We are building an incredible online marketing team, and you will play a key role on this team. This email marketing position presents tons of entrepreneurial opportunity for the right marketer.
The email marketer will work closely with the Online Marketing Team to implement new strategic initiatives, as well as oversee, produce and execute already-established programs. You will drive programs focusing on traffic, lead generation, lead nurturing, and life-cycle messaging. Bring your ideas and your experience as you work to help grow, optimize, and elevate our email programs to the best in the industry.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience on the major email marketing platforms, as well as knowledge of Salesforce. You should also have experience optimizing campaigns for better click-throughs as well as generating ideas for new emails to send.
• Work across the marketing group on robust and comprehensive strategies.
• Become the internal expert on the company's current email service provider tools; build, test and send emails.
• Understand and develop segmentation strategies; use internal data resources to filter and target appropriate segments.
• Maintain email calendar. Also work with internal stakeholders to schedule emails to support their initiatives.
• Work with marketing manager, internal stakeholders, and content team (writers, editors) as necessary to gather, develop, and build content for emails.
• Support marketing team on other projects as necessary.
• Help troubleshoot any technical issues as required.
• 2 years' experience in email marketing programs.
• Bachelor's degree (or related experience) in Marketing or related field.
• Knowledge of email best practices and success metrics.
• Demonstrated ease, facility, and interest in working with data, including standard email engagement, metrics and web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics).
• Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of email campaigns and segmentation strategies.
• Prior experience working with email service providers (specific knowledge of the Vertical Response platform and tools a plus).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to keep others informed and up-to-date; able to organize/prioritize.
• Understanding of email marketing operations, specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered events.
• Need to be able to multi-task and manage competing priorities and requests