Email Marketing InternshipBookmark This
42 West 39th St, 9th Floor
DescriptionBluefly.com, a leading online retailer of designer apparel and accessories, invites you to take the first steps toward a rewarding career and to be part of an energetic and innovative eCommerce organization where you will develop the skills you'll need to succeed. At Bluefly you will be immersed in on-the-job training, working alongside devoted and experienced professionals, and discovering what it's like to make an impact. This is an unpaid internship. This internship can be credit bearing or simply for career development.
The email marketing intern will be involved in the planning & implementation of the email contact strategy throughout the customer life cycle including acquisition, retention and re-activation. The Intern will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility in this process based on the previous knowledge and ability to learn on the job.
Educational Experience Gained
• an understanding of digital marketing in the retail industry specifically focusing on the email channel
• an understanding of the customer lifecycle, behavior & shopping experience
• enhance upon quantitative and analytical skills, particularly in the areas of customer file analysis used in developing customer segments
• become familiar with the development of customer segments, and how to match a communication piece with its appropriate target audience
• team building, professional communication and how to work in a fast paced environment
We pride ourselves on being a fun, diverse, passionate, and energetic team of individuals! Each day, we encourage each other to think creatively and share those ideas in order to continue to evolve as the awesome online retailer that we are. Oh, and there’s free food and discounts on our product too!
You may apply via our facebook page by following this link. Please "like us" then apply to the specified job:
You may also apply directly on our website:
• Support email team with weekly email campaign schedule including creative requests, set-up, testing, deployment and monitoring of email delivery
• Contribute and assist with the development of email creative test plan including creative, subject line, copy and landing page tests.
• Utilize various reporting tools to pull campaign results, analyze data and prepare daily email summaries
• Maintain an up-to-date competitive email binder consisting of historical email calendar schedule, subject line comparisons, promotional email examples and other creative samples across competitive set.
• Help identify email themes and messages that would be appropriate for pre-defined customer segments. Selects the best customer segments to receive pre-defined e-mail messages.
RequirementsOur Ideal Candidate:
• Student pursuing a degree in fashion, or online marketing
• Interest in fashion is a must
• Familiar with Microsoft excel
• Responsible self-starter, innovative thinker, detail oriented
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work in fast paced growing environment
• Quantitative and analytical experience a plus
• Enthusiastic about email and direct marketing