Event Management CoordinatorsBookmark This
635 Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA
DescriptionDreamKreator Gallery, a new gallery coming to Downtown Long Beach has immediate internships for Event Management Coordinators. This new gallery will hosts exhibits, seminars, workshops, private and special events.
This internship includes assisting with coordinating speakers, artists exhibits, etc. Will also invite and create opportunities for sponsors and exhibits at the gallery.
Internship may become a full-time position at the conclusion of the internship - based on needs of the company at the time of the internship.
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for assisting team with coordinating and managing events at the gallery to include managing deadlines, review event agreements and budgets, coordinate logistics and marketing materials. Assists with direction and coordination of activities in preparation on the day of the event.
- Help manage activities related to event coordination.
- Help prepare invitations, internet advertising, and press releases.
- Asist with booking and negotiating fees.
- Work directly with sponsors, speakers, and artists to ensure all requests are met.
- Support efforts to drive attendance to events.
- Coordinate social media and other campaigns to promote events using flyers, cold calling, website, etc.
- Propose creative ways to promote gallery brand through events.
- Assist accounting by providing receipts from expenses.
- Attend events and ensure the day of event goes smoothly.
- Work with event coordination team to plan catering services as needed..
- Coordinate logistics assistance requests as required for hotel, travel, etc.
Requirements• Detail oriented.
• Critical thinking and self-starter able to work on a team or independent.
• Coursework on event planning and logistics is a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management and communication (written & verbal) skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond quickly to changing conditions.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook).
• Must be comfortable with networking.
• SEO and social media management training (a plus but not required)
• Marketing and advertising, public relations training (a plus but not required)