Event Planning InternshipBookmark This
Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber of Commerce
10100 Pines Blvd., 4th Floor
Pembroke Pines, FL
DescriptionThe Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber (MPPRCC) is recruiting interns to support the organization in its marketing efforts. This internship program offers the opportunity to work with a group of experienced marketing professionals in a challenging environment. We are looking for hard-working, organized, dedicated individuals with a team player attitude and the desire to proactively take on responsibility throughout the duration of the program.
Since 1969, the Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit organization committed to the betterment of and providing a public service to our region. Its membership consists of approximately 500 businesses. The MPPRCC manages a wide variety of member engaging programs and events, is actively involved in public policy issues on the local, state, and national levels, is driven by a 16 member Board of Directors, and supported by several committees made up of more than 75 volunteer leaders.
Volunteer Internship Description
The internship program takes place at the MPPRCC’s office located in downtown at 10100 Pines Boulevard, 4th Floor, Pembroke Pines, FL 33026. MPPRCC interns will work under the Director of Member Services of the. Interns assist MPPRCC staff in identifying, researching and preparing proposals. Learning the benefits of membership and the mission, programs and goals of the organization are important in this role.
RequirementsThe internship program is unpaid volunteer position.
The MPPRCC is recruiting for internship positions:
• Part-time, internship to work at the MPPRCC office 10-20 hours per week for a minimum of three months.
The internship position start date begins upon hire and the end date can be decided upon by the agreeing parties. Interns are required to live in the area for the duration of the internship. Internship responsibilities include:
• Assist in the coordination and follow-up of committee meetings, including typing of minutes and relaying tasks to Chamber staff and volunteers.
• Assist in creating sponsorship programs and recruiting sponsors for events/programs
• Assist in the creation of marketing materials, brochures and advertising for events
• Assist with setting up logistics for event
• Assist with smaller events at the Chamber in set-up and tear down
• Other duties as assigned include attending and helping out with Chamber related events when possible, running various errands around downtown with current Chamber members.
• Some of the events that this program includes are:
o Business & Community Expo
o Pinnacle and Installation of Officers Gala (Minimum April – June committment)
o A Sip of Wine, Taste of Heaven (Minimum November – February commitment)
o Golf Classic
Desired skills and academic qualifications:
• Preferred course of study: Event Planning or Marketing.
• Excellent and courteous phone skills
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office
• Ability to multitask
• Strong work and service ethic
• Interested in networking and developing relationships with corporate executives
If you are interested in applying for this internship opportunity, please submit cover letter, resume and listing of three references to Robert Goltz, President/CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Intern Application.” Please be prepared to provide a writing sample upon request. No phone calls please. The Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information about the Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber, visit: